This guide will walk you through adding and removing contacts on the Apple iPhone XR handset. If you just made a switch from Android to iOS with the iPhone XR as your first iOS handset, then this post will help you get started in managing contacts on your device. Read further for more information.
It is more rational to save contact information to our smartphones than relying with directory listings or address passbooks. Normally, contact information saved in our phones is composed of the contact’s first name, last name, contact phone number/s, and email address/es. Thus, you’ve got all the essential details of each of your contacts. Contacts details that are saved in your phones used up storage space, thus it’s imperative to manage this information.
To optimize and save up memory space, deleting or removing unwanted or unused contacts from your phone is recommended. That amount of storage released from deleting unwanted contact details can also be used when adding new contacts to your device.
If however, you are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed the most common issues with this phone. Find problems that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you need more help, then feel free to contact us through our iPhone issues questionnaire.
Adding Contacts to your iPhone XR
The process for adding and removing contacts from your iPhone XR is plain and simple, and almost all users will be able to do it in no time. If you owned any of the prior iPhone variants, then this should be easy. The only thing you have to note are the slight changes on the menu options as settings menus vary between iOS versions.
The following demonstrates the steps in adding contacts on an iPhone XR and other iPhones running on iOS 12. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, select the Phone icon.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap the” +” icon located at the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Enter the information into the provided fields for the First Name and Last Name, respectively.
- Tap on Add Phone, and then enter the contact phone number.
- Tap on Add Email, and then type in the contact email address. You can also fill out the additional fields if the contact has multiple phone numbers and email addresses.
- Tap Done to save.
Navigate or search the name on the Contacts to check if it was successfully saved. If you wish to add more contacts, just follow the same steps. Saved contacts can still be modified when needed. Just launch the Contacts app to manage your contacts details.
Deleting Individual Contacts from your iPhone XR
Normally, Apple does not allow you to delete multiple or all contacts from your iPhone at once directly. That said, you can delete the contacts individually from the Contacts app. However, the presence of some third-party software makes deletion of multiple contacts deletion from an iPhone XR possible. The following steps demonstrate the standard steps of deleting individual contacts from an iPhone XR. Here’s how it works:
- From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Tap Contacts.
- Select a contact that you wish to delete. Click the Edit button located on the right corner.
- Scroll down and tap the Delete Contact button.
To delete other contacts, just follow the same steps until you’re done deleting all unwanted contacts from your iPhone.
Deleting Multiple Contacts directly from your iPhone XR at once
If you’ve got too many contacts to delete and you want to speed up the process, then you have two options to consider resorting to. And they are as follow:
- Using iCloud. With iCloud, you’re not only able to create backups but also able to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone at once. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap to open Settings app from your Home screen.
- Select Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap iCloud.
- Toggle the switch next to Contacts OFF.
- If prompted, select the option to Keep on My iPhone to retain the previously synced iCloud contacts on your iPhone.
- Tap the Contacts switch to turn ON again.
- Then tap Merge to store all of your contacts in iCloud.
- Next, toggle the Contacts switch OFF again then select the option to Delete from My iPhone.
- At this point, go back to your Accounts then select the mail provider for your account.
- Turn OFF Contacts within each account and select the option to Delete from My iPhone.
That should delete all contacts associated with each of your mail account. If you have Facebook installed on your iPhone, the only contacts left should be those from your Facebook account. To delete all these contacts, simply open the Settings app then select Facebook. Then turn Contacts OFF to remove them from Contacts.
- Using third-party software. As mentioned earlier you can also use alternative tools or third-party software to delete all or multiple contacts directly from your iPhone XR at once. One of the most trusted tools that serves this purpose is the Groups app. To use this app, you will need to download and install it first on your iPhone XR. The following steps will walk you through the entire process. Here’s how to get started in using Groups app to delete multiple contacts from your iPhone XR directly and simultaneously:
- Go to the App Store. Just tap App Store from the Home screen to launch the app.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to download and install the Groups app in your iPhone XR.
- Once the app is successfully installed, tap on it to open. Simply look for the Groups app icon from the Home screen then tap on it.
- If prompted, allow the Groups app to access your Contacts.
- From the Group list, select All Contacts.
- From your contacts, mark or select the names that you want to be deleted. To do this, tap on the circle outline at the left side of the contact’s name. A check mark will be shown on selected contacts.
- After selecting all the contacts you want to remove, tap Choose Action located at the top of the screen.
- Once a pop up menu appears, tap on Delete Contacts.
- Tap Remove from my iPhone style=”font-weight: 400;”> to confirm the action.
- To check if the contacts you have selected are deleted successfully, navigate your Contacts app. The selected contacts will no longer appear in the list.
And that covers everything in this guide. If you need further assistance or having trouble adding and deleting contact information on your iPhone XR, drop us a message by heading to this site’s troubleshooting page and follow the given instructions on how to get help from our iOS support team.
Hope you find this guide useful. Please stay tuned for more comprehensive tutorials on how to make the most out of your new iPhone XR handset.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
- How to fix iTunes error 3194 on Apple iPhone XR, cannot restore iPhone [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Apple iPhone XR Memory Management Guide: How to check available memory on your iPhone XR [Tutorials]
- How to fix Apple iPhone XR that stops sending messages after iOS update
- How to Turn Personal Hotspot on or off for the Apple iPhone XR