This post will walk you through altering the default account on the iPhone 14 that’s linked with the iOS Contacts app. Here’s a quick guide to change the default account for contacts on the Apple iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
By default, new contacts added on your iPhone are saved to your iCloud account. This is because your iCloud account is the very first account that’s set up and added to your iOS device.
If you’ve set up another account like Google or other accounts on your iPhone, then you can save new contacts to any of these other accounts. All you have to do is configure the Contacts app settings. And here’s how it’s done on the latest iPhone 14 device.
- To begin, open the iOS Settings app by tapping on the settings icon from the Home screen of your iPhone.
The settings icon is depicted by a gear-shaped icon. You can also access the Settings app shortcut icon from the App library.
- In the Settings menu, you’ll see a list of all preloaded features and system functions. Scroll to find then tap Contacts to proceed.
The Contacts app menu will load up next.
- In the Contacts menu, find Accounts from the given options then tap on it to continue.
You’ll be routed straight to the Accounts section where you can see a list of all added accounts for Contacts.
- If you’ve got multiple accounts, just find then select/tap the account that you’ll use for the iOS Contacts app.
The selected contact will have a checkmark next to it.
- If the desired account isn’t in the list, then you will need to add it first. To do so, simply tap Add Account then choose your email account service provider on the next window.
After that, you’ll see the contact setup wizard. Just follow the onscreen prompts to enter your account details and finish setting it up on your iPhone.
- Apple iPhone 14
Types of Account for Storing Contacts
Once you’re done setting up the account, you should be all set to use it as the default account for your iPhone contacts.
Aside from iCloud, you can save new contacts on your iPhone to your Microsoft Exchange, Google, Yahoo, AOL, or Outlook account.
Setting up a designated contacts account is recommended especially if you need to have a dedicated business directory.
To set up a contacts account such as LDAP or CardDAV account, select Others from the Add Account options then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to enter the required information.
And that’s how you set a different account for new contacts saved on the iPhone 14 smartphone.