This post shows how to unblock and block contacts on the iPhone 12. Read on if you need help adding a phone number to the Phone app’s blocked contacts list.
Blocked Contacts iOS 14
There are many ways to block someone on your iPhone. You can block phone numbers, contacts, and emails through the Phone app, FaceTime, Messages and Mail. That said, blocked contacts on your iPhone can likewise be accessed and managed through any of the said applications.
Depicted in this quick walkthrough is the process of managing blocked phone numbers, contacts and emails on the iPhone 12 Phone application.
Feel free to refer to this quick walkthrough if you need help blocking or unblocking someone on your new iOS smartphone.
Easy Steps to Unblock/Block Contacts on the iPhone 12
The following steps can also be used when you manage blocked contacts on other iOS devices that are running on the same iOS version with the iPhone 12. Actual menu options and screens may vary between device models and cellular carriers.
1. To get started, unlock your iPhone to access the Home screen. While on the Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
Doing so will load up the main settings menu, highlighting all basic and advanced settings and iOS features.
2. From the settings menu, scroll down to locate and then tap Phone.
The Phone app settings menu will load up on the next display. Here, you will see relevant settings and features you can use and manage.
3. Scroll down to the Calls section. Then, tap Blocked Contacts.
On the next screen, you will see all blocked contacts on your device.
4. To block a new contact, tap Add New. Then, select the contact that you want to block.
The selected contact will then be added in the blocked contacts list.
Just repeat the same steps if you want to add another person to block from your contacts list.
5. To edit the current Blocked list, tap Edit on the upper-right corner of the screen.
The blocked list will then switch to editable mode. A minus sign inside a red circle will then appear before each contact in the list.
6. To unblock or remove a contact from the blocked list, simply tap the Minus sign before the contact’s name.
7. Then, tap the Unblock button to confirm.
The selected contact will then be deleted from the blocked list. Just repeat the same steps to remove another contact from the blocked list.
Once you’re done unblocking contacts, tap Done and then return to the previous menu.
And that’s how you unblock and block contacts on your new iPhone 12 Phone app.
When any of the blocked contacts attempts to call you, their calls will be sent straight to your voicemail. This could be their only clue that they have been blocked. Blocked contacts can still leave a voicemail but it will not show up among your regular messages.
Still Getting Calls from a Blocked Number?
In case you’re still getting calls from a blocked number on your iPhone, download and install the latest iOS version available. What you’re dealing with is more likely a system glitch that’s often rectified by a software patch.
Updating the iPhone’s carrier settings by installing the latest carrier update can also help fix similar issues.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read:
- How to set Do Not Disturb for one specific contact only on your iPhone X
- How To Block Text Messages On iPhone X
- How to Access and Manage Blocked Sender Options on Apple iPhone SE 2021 Mail
- How to fix an iPhone 11 that cannot receive phone calls but can make calls after updating iOS
- How to fix Caller ID that’s not working on the Apple iPhone XS, No Caller ID