Does Facebook app keep crashing on your iPhone after installing the latest iOS update? If so, then this post might be able to help you. Keep scrolling for more information.
Facebook is not only a popular platform but a robust application. The fact that billions of people are using the platform is good enough reason for the FB app developers to strive harder to uphold its credibility. Nonetheless, the other fact Facebook is still just another app also denotes that bumping into some random issues with the app is inevitable. In fact, there have already been several issues associated with Facebook app on various smartphones. In iOS devices, random to frequent app crashes are among the raised complaints against Facebook app for iOS. Problems like these usually transpire when the network is unstable. The same thing if a new iOS update is installed and the recent software update tends to make the app a bit shaky. And this is the main issue that I’ll try to address in this post. Read on to find out what to do if suddenly the Facebook app keeps crashing on your iPhone 11 Pro after updating to iOS 13.2.3.
Troubleshooting Facebook app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 11 Pro after updating iOS
Before you begin to troubleshoot, open a browser app from your iPhone then try to access Facebook and login into your Facebook account straight from the website. If there’s no problem logging into the website, then the problem must be from within the Facebook app or iOS itself. In that case, performing the following methods can help you eliminate the common culprits.
To ensure that the problem isn’t attributed to insufficient storage, check the available storage first by heading to Settings-> General-> iPhone storage menu. If the available storage is less than 1 gigabyte, it means that your iPhone’s internal memory is running low and thus, freeing up some space is needed. Devices with a shrinking memory are more prone to enduring performance issues including random to frequent system crashes.
If the memory isn’t the problem, rule out other common factors with the following solutions.
First solution: Force close the app then restart your iPhone.
Apps can suddenly get erratic after an update and the Facebook app is no exception. This is usually what happens if you’ve left the app open or running in the background during the update. In this case, quitting the app then restarting it would be necessary. Just follow these steps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen and then pause slightly in the middle of the screen. Doing so will show up all recently used apps.
- Swipe right or left to locate the Facebook app card or preview.
- Then swipe up on the Facebook app’s preview to close the app.
Repeat the same steps to force close or end all other background apps to prevent them from causing conflicts or interfering with Facebook app, the next time you launch and use it. Just continue with these steps to soft reset your iPhone 11 Pro:
- Press and hold both the Side button and Volume Up button for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears.
- Swipe or drag the bar to turn your device off.
- After about 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button and then release when the Apple logo appears.
Wait for your iPhone to finish rebooting and then reconnects to the internet. Once it’s back online, retry loading Facebook app to see how it works. If the problem continues, try the next applicable solutions.
Second solution: Refresh your internet connection.
Internet connectivity issues from slow browsing to internet connection can also influence online apps’ behavior. If the internet connection isn’t stable, there’s a higher chance for online apps to stop working as intended. In the case with Facebook, it may still be able to load up but eventually crashes as it couldn’t get to secure a stable connection to the main server when attempting to process real time requests inputted by end-users. To clear this out, refresh your iPhone’s internet connection. There are different ways for you to do so. You can start from the typical Wi-Fi toggle with these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll to and select Wi-Fi.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature off.
- After a few seconds, toggle the switch to turn Wi-Fi back on again.
Alternatively, you can use the Airplane mode trick to simultaneously restart all wireless connections of your iPhone. Just refer to these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Airplane Mode.
- Toggle the Airplane Mode switch to turn the feature ON. Doing so disables your iPhone’s wireless radios and associated features like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- While Airplane Mode is turned on, reboot or soft reset your iPhone to clear out network cache.
- After it reboots, go back to Settings-> Airplane Mode menu.
- Then toggle the Airplane Mode switch to turn it OFF again.
In the case where the problem is due to a corrupted Wi-Fi network, forgetting the problematic network would be necessary. This way you can set it up as new. Just follow these steps to forget and re-add your Wi-Fi network on your iPhone 11 Pro:
- Go to your iPhone Settings-> Wi-Fi menu then make sure that the Wi-Fi switch is turned on.
- Scroll down to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and then select the network that your iPhone is connected to.
- Tap the information “i” icon next to the name of the selected Wi-Fi network.
- Then tap the option to Forget this Network.
- If prompted, tap Forget Network to confirm network deletion. The network will then be removed from the list. Repeat the same steps to forget other unused networks to prevent any of them from causing conflicts with the network in use.
- After forgetting the Wi-Fi network, turn OFF the Wi-Fi switch then restart your iPhone to clear its network cache.
- As soon as it reboots, go back to Settings-> Wi-Fi menu then re-enable the Wi-Fi switch to view the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select your preferred Wi-Fi network then tap Join or Connect.
- If prompted, enter the correct network password to proceed.
Be sure to input the correct network password for your device to connect successfully. You can test Facebook app once your iPhone gets back online.
Third solution: Install pending updates for Facebook app.
App updates may also contain some fix patches to get rid of any existing in-app bugs including those inflicted by iOS updates. If your iPhone has no problem connecting to the internet and has sufficient memory space and battery life, follow these steps to download and install pending app updates through the App Store:
- From the Home screen, tap App Store to open the app.
- Tap on your Apple ID profile picture located on the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to view any pending app updates or just pull down to refresh the list.
- Tap Update next to Facebook or simply tap Update All at the top of the updates list to install all pending app updates at once.
Alternatively, you can view and install pending app updates on your iPhone 11 Pro with these steps:
- Long-press on the App Store icon from the Home screen. Doing so will show up the quick menu options.
- Tap to select Updates from the given option.
Then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to update your apps. When all app updates are completely installed, restart/soft reset your iPhone to refresh and clear its internal memory from piled up caches. Then retry loading Facebook app to see if it still crashes or not anymore.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings to fix Facebook app that keeps crashing on your iPhone 11 Pro.
Software updates can also override your settings. While these overrides are originally intended to deliver positive results, the actual outcome may vary depending on how the receiving device is configured by its user. That said, it is possible for adverse symptoms to arise. To clear this out, you can reset all the settings on your iPhone 11 Pro to restore the default system values and options. Just follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Tap to select Reset all settings from the given options.
- Enter your passcode if prompted to continue.
- Tap on Reset all settings again to confirm action.
Your iPhone will then instigate the reset and then restarts automatically when done. Don’t forget to re-enable necessary features, especially those that are turned off or disabled by default. Otherwise, you won’t be able to use them on your phone.
Also consider verifying restriction settings on your iPhone to ensure that Facebook app isn’t blocked or restricted from running. If necessary, turn off restrictions for Facebook to allow the application to run on your device without any restraint.
- To check and manage this feature, go to Settings-> General-> Content & Privacy Restrictions menu.
You can turn off this restriction switch to test if that will render positive outcomes the next time you load up Facebook app on your phone. If the app doesn’t crash while restrictions are disabled, go back to settings and make necessary changes to allow Facebook app to work as it should even when restrictions are enabled on the device.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro.
The app might have been totally corrupted from the recent iOS update and therefore it’s no longer working as intended. In this case, you will need to delete the erratic version of the app so you can download and fresh install it on your device. Here’s how you do it:
- From the Home screen, find the Facebook app icon.
- Tap and hold on the app icon for a few seconds until the quick menu options appear and then vanishes.
- When the quick menu disappears, the app icons should start to wiggle. You can release the app icon by then.
- Tap the X button on the Facebook app icon to delete it.
- Then tap Delete to confirm.
- After deleting the application, tap Done on the top-right corner of the screen.
Restart your iPhone and then redownload the Facebook app through the App Store with these steps:
- Tap the App Store from the Home screen.
- Search for the name of the app (Facebook) to download.
- Then tap the cloud-like icon or GET button to download the app.
- Tap INSTALL to instigate app installation.
- If prompted, enter the correct Apple ID Password and tap OK to proceed.
- Follow the rest of the onscreen prompts to finish downloading and installing Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Once the app is completely installed, tap the OPEN button to continue launching the recently installed, Facebook app on your phone.
Use the app long enough to test its stability. If the app doesn’t crash, then the problem is fixed. Otherwise, the problem may be very complex and thus it requires more advanced solutions to be rectified.
What to do if Facebook app still keeps crashing on your iPhone 11 Pro?
The problem may not be on your end and thus there’s no way for you to fix it. This is usually the case if the Facebook server is experiencing technical problems or downtime issues. To check the current status of Facebook server, you can use downdetector tool for real-time updates. Or simply contact Facebook Support or visit the Help Page for more information. Reporting the problem to Apple Support is also imperative, considering the fact that Facebook started to crash from an iOS update. This could be just another post-update bug that needs some dedicated fix patch as permanent remedy.