Having an iPhone Facebook keeps crashing issue after installing the latest iOS version? Find out how you can possibly overcome this error by reading the contents of this article.
One of the most heavily used social media apps is Facebook. But that also means a lot of issues are reported for this specific app. Common reported error is app crashes or Facebook stops working unexpectedly. Let’s find out how to deal with this type of error on your iPhone’s Facebook app by performing the procedures listed below.
How to fix iPhone Facebook keeps crashing after implementing iOS 13.3?
Random bugs, system errors, network problem or incompatibility issues from the iOS update are usually the common factors on why an app like Facebook will crash after installing the software update. Though the technology has improved a lot over the past few years, it is inevitable for such an error to occur on your iPhone. Innovation is everywhere but it is always a gamble whenever a new software update is being released.
Before you execute the methods below, make sure to contact first your Internet service provider to confirm any service outages or system maintenance as they could affect the performance of some apps on your device. If it is verified that the internet service is working fine, hop on and continue with the steps.
First solution: Reboot your iPhone.
It is normal to power cycle your device whenever an issue will surface while using it. But you might have forgotten to perform this process after installing iOS 13.3 on your iPhone. Performing a restart will help in eliminating minor glitches that usually transpire while the update is ongoing or right after installing the update.
This might provide an instant fix to the app crashes by refreshing the system and implement necessary changes from the recent update. If there are any incompatibilities from the new software version that causes the Facebook stops working problem, it could also fix that error.
For starters, you can execute a soft reset to reboot your iPhone. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Another way is to perform a force restart. It provides the same benefits as a soft reset but differs on the execution. This your best option if the iPhone’s screen becomes unresponsive to commands when Facebook crashes. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Both methods will not delete any personal information, so there’s no need to create backups. Just wait for your phone to complete the reboot process and check if Facebook closes on its own or not anymore.
Second solution: Update Facebook app and other Apps on your iPhone.
Another culprit that could cause Facebook crashes are outdated app versions. They could impose threats to other apps on your device as they are generally prone to errors. Updating the Facebook app and all apps on your iPhone should improve and stabilize their performance. These app updates contain patches that are necessary in fixing reported errors which might address the app problem on your device.
To do this procedure, you may refer to the steps below:
- From the Home screen, tap on App Store to open it.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the app to update individual apps.
- Tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously.
Once all updates are installed, it is necessary to initiate a reboot on your device to implement changes from the recent app updates. This will also remove dump cache that have been accumulated during the update. As soon as it is up and running, verify if the iPhone Facebook keeps crashing has been resolved.
Third solution: Reset network settings to fix iPhone Facebook keeps crashing issue.
Network-related errors may cause Facebook crashes on your device. Relevant symptoms that transpire after an iOS update might have been due to incorrect or invalid settings set by iOS overrides. The removal of such information should be easy by reverting the network settings to its default values and options through a reset.
If this is something that you would like to give a shot, here are the steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset Network Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm network settings reset.
This process will cause an automatic reboot on your iPhone once done. Since it will remove saved Wi-Fi networks and other network settings, you’ll need to set them up individually and check if Facebook is working as intended.
Fourth solution: Clear Facebook app cache.
If restoring the network settings did not fix the error and Facebook stops working or closes on its own, you might need to clear those unwanted files and data that are saved on the app’s system called cache. This bit of information is being stored on the app’s system for future use but removing them will cause no harm on its function. This might even help in restoring the desired operation of the app by clearing erratic data that causes trouble on the Facebook app’s performance.
If you want to know how, here are the steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Manage Storage.
- Select a file in Documents and Data.
- Drag unwanted files to the left and click on Delete.
- Tap on Edit, then select Delete All option to wipe out all of the app’s data.
Once done, reset your iPhone and check if this process fixed the problem.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone.
If all present solutions have been nullified and the issue persists up to this point, the app might have been corrupted and removing it on the phone’s system is your last choice. Doing so allows your phone to re-calibrate with the Facebook app as it will remove all corrupted files on the app’s system and replace it with a new one. Any software glitches that linger on the app and causes the app crashes should be removed as well.
Here’s how to uninstall an app then install it again:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the selected app.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone.
- After the reboot process is done, open the App store from the Home screen.
- Tap on your profile icon then tap on Purchased.
- Tap the Not on This iPhone tab.
- Select the app that you want to reinstall on your device.
- If you don’t see the app from the selected tab, try switching to All tab.
After reinstalling Facebook on your iPhone, use it as normal and check if the issue has been rectified.
Still having an iPhone Facebook keeps crashing problem?
Should the issue is not resolved after performing all given procedures, you might need to escalate this to Facebook app support for further resolution. If other apps are working fine on your iPhone, there might be some unforeseen error that is attacking the Facebook system and causing relevant symptoms to occur. The Facebook team should be able to help you out on that matter.
You may also reciprocate this report to Apple support. They can further investigate the case and check for any possible options that might get rid of the problem on your device. They could provide you some official recommendations to deal with an iPhone Facebook keeps crashing after iOS 13.3 update.
I hope that we’re able to help you in some ways. If you have free time, please visit our Youtube channel for exciting troubleshooting videos for different devices.