Slow internet browsing problem is when your browsing speed is way slower than the actual data speed you’re supposed to get. Many factors can trigger such issues to arise regardless of how powerful a device is. In most cases, the problem is isolated to the browser app in use. Other factors that can inflict similar issue would include temporary network outages, account-related issues, network system errors on affected devices, as well as random firmware issues on the network equipment. There are also other cases where malwares and other types of software bugs are to blame. If you happen to experience the same problem on your new iphone 11 Pro Max, I’ve demonstrated a few simple solutions you can refer to. Read on to find out how to deal with slow browsing or slow internet problem on your iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Before moving on, feel free to browse through our troubleshooting pages to find potential solutions to other problems with your other Apple devices. If your iPad is in the list of our supported devices, then you can visit its exclusive troubleshooting page and find the problem that you need help dealing with. You can refer to or use our provided solutions and workarounds if needed. In the case where you’d prefer to get direct assistance from us, simply fill up our iOS issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
Troubleshooting slow internet problem on your iPhone 11 Pro Max
The following procedures are aimed at eliminating software-related errors on the network equipment and iOS device that caused slow internet connection. Don’t forget to test browse after carrying out each solution to determine whether or not the problem is solved. You can also check how fast your internet speed is after performing each method through speedtest.net.
If you’re using cellular data for internet browsing on your iPhone 11 Pro Max, be sure to check and ensure that you’ve got enough data credits. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be able to use the internet as intended.
If slow internet browsing occurs on your iPhone while on Wi-Fi network, troubleshoot your device with these simple methods.
First solution: Reboot or power cycle your modem/router.
Working on the main source of your internet connection is usually the very first recommended solutions given by internet service providers, whenever internet problems are encountered. This solution however is only applicable if you have access to the wireless router or modem in use. If you are, then follow these steps to power cycle the network equipment:
- Turn off your modem/router by pressing on the power button.
- While the device is powered off, unplug its AC adapter from the power source. Keep it that way for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- After the elapsed time, press the power button to turn it back on.
- Wait for all the light indicators to become stable and make sure that the Wi-Fi indicator is green. If it’s red, then that denotes an internet problem to fix.
Performing this tweak can help fix various types of internet connectivity issues inflicted by minor firmware crashes on the network equipment. And slow browsing issue is among the problems it addressed.
After the modem/router reboots, give your iPhone some time to re-establish Wi-Fi signal and then connects to the network. If it doesn’t connect automatically, then you’ll have to do it manually instead. Make sure that your iPhone is getting a strong and stable Wi-Fi signal strength. Otherwise, you will need to deal with Wi-Fi signal issues first in order to fix slow internet browsing on your phone.
Second solution: Reboot/soft reset your iPhone.
Another simple yet very effective solution that is used to resolve minor system flaws including those affecting the phone’s internet system is a soft reset or reboot on your iPhone. This helps clear out cache from your phone’s internal memory and likewise refreshes the operating system. If you haven’t already, then follow these steps to soft reset your iPhone 11 Pro Max:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Side and Volume Up buttons for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears.
- Swipe or drag the bar to turn your device off.
- After about 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button and then release when the Apple logo appears.
A soft reset does not affect the internal data saved on your iPhone storage, thus you won’t lose any critical information in the process.
Third solution: Clear browser cache and cookies, if possible.
Cache and browsing data can benefit in some ways but the more cached files your browser accumulates, the higher the chance for them to slow down the loading process of online resources. If you are using Safari to browse websites and pages on your iPhone 11 Pro Max, then clearing the browser’s cache and cookies can also help resolve slow browsing issues.
- From your Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and then tap Advanced.
- Tap on Website Data then view how much space it’s taking up.
- To clear website date, tap the option to Remove All Website Data.
You can also erase Safari or other browser app’s cache permanently using a third-party software.
Fourth solution: Forget Wi-Fi network then set it up again.
Slow browsing issues can also be directly inflicted by a corrupted Wi-Fi network in use. In this case, the only way to fix the problem is to remove or forget the erratic network and then set it up again. This is how it’s done:
- To get started, go to your iPhone Settings-> Wi-Fi menu and make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Scroll down to the list of available networks then select your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the information “i” icon next to the name of your Wi-Fi network or SSID.
- Then tap the option to Forget this network.
- If prompted, tap Forget network to confirm.
Follow the same steps to forget any other saved Wi-Fi networks that aren’t needed on your device. Deleting other saved networks will prevent your device from automatically connecting to a problematic open Wi-Fi network. After deleting all saved networks, restart or soft reset your iPhone to clear its network cache. As soon as it’s finished rebooting, join and connect to your Wi-Fi network again. Be sure to input the correct network password.
Fifth solution: Update your iPhone software to the latest version available.
Updates can also contain network fix patches to address widespread internet problems among iOS devices. If your phone can manage to get online, then follow these steps to check and download any available firmware updates wirelessly:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap About.
- If an update is available, you’ll be prompted with an option to select OK or Update.
If the internet connection is too slow that your phone couldn’t access or connect to the update server, manually checking for update through iTunes would be a better option. In order to proceed, you will need to use a computer either a Mac or Windows PC that has the latest version of iTunes app in it. Then you may refer to these steps to proceed:
- To get started, open Finder (if you’re using a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15). Otherwise, open iTunes on your macOS Mojave or earlier or on a Windows computer. Be sure to use the latest version of iTunes app on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the original USB cable/Lightning cable.
- Locate your iPhone 11 Pro Max on your computer.
- Then click General or Settings.
- Click the Check for Update button.
- Then click Download and Update to start updating.
- Enter your passcode if prompted to proceed.
Wait until the update is completely installed. When the update is finished, reboot your iPhone to apply the recent software changes as well as the fix patches the update embeds. Reconnect and retry browsing through online pages to see if you are already getting the right internet speed.
Last resort: Reset network settings to fix slow internet problem on your iPhone 11 Pro Max.
Network settings that are not properly configured can also result in some conflicts and may adversely affect your phone’s overall internet functions. To clear this out, performing a network settings reset can help. Doing so will erase any invalid network settings along with the problems they’ve caused. Just don’t forget to note your Wi-Fi password beforehand because you’ll need to enter it again later to rejoin and connect to your Wi-Fi network. Just follow these steps whenever you’re ready:
- From the Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Tap Reset Network Settings from the given options.
- Enter your passcode if prompted to continue.
- Confirm action by tapping on Reset Network Settings again.
Your phone will then start resetting your iPhone’s network system and then restores the original network values and options. After the reset, your phone will restart automatically. By then you can start enabling necessary network features including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular data. Don’t forget to set up and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network, too.
Still experiencing slow internet problem on your iPhone 11 Pro Max?
Performing the above procedures is usually enough to speed up your internet if random software glitches on the network equipment and your iOS device are to blame. If none of that helps, then there’s a better chance that the problem isn’t with your iOS device but rather with the network base. In that case, contact your internet service provider can be considered among the last options for help. If you suspect that the modem or router is at fault, then you can also have that escalated and ask your internet service provider to re-provision the equipment remotely. Often times, reprovisioning the modem or wireless router is all that’s needed to deal with recurring internet problems, including slow internet browsing. If necessary, your service provider can also walk you through carrying out more advanced troubleshooting methods to fix major firmware issues on the wireless router or modem in use.
Connect with Us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Furthermore, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.