This post will help you reset the keyboard dictionary on the iPhone 12. Read on if you need help clearing out all the words you’ve added to the dictionary or autocorrect suggestions and then restore the default keyboard dictionary settings on your new iOS smartphone.
iOS 14 Keyboard Dictionary
The iPhone has an integrated keyboard system that allows you to save new words to populate among other autocorrect suggestions or text replacements when typing text through the soft keyboard.
You can add new words to the keyboard dictionary by rejecting the words your device suggests as you type. While this may offer some benefits particularly saving much time from typing the entire word or phrase, piling up such information in the keyboard dictionary could also result in some issues.
Should this happen, you will need a fresh start. And this is when a keyboard dictionary reset plays its vital part.
If you’re wondering how to get this done on the new iPhone 12, I’ve laid out a simple walkthrough for you to follow. Feel free to refer to this quick demo if you need help resetting the keyboard dictionary on your new iPhone to erase all saved words and autocorrect suggestions.
Easy Steps to Reset Keyboard Dictionary on iPhone 12
The following steps can also be used to reset the keyboard dictionary on other iOS devices for as long as they’re running on the same iOS version with that of the iPhone 12. Actual screens and menu items however could vary between device models and service providers.
1. When ready, unlock your iPhone to access the Home screen.
On the Home screen, you will see different shortcut controls or icons for launching pre-installed and downloaded apps.
2. Tap on the Settings icon to proceed.
The main settings menu opens next. Here, you will see a list of all basic and advanced iOS features you can manage and utilize.
3. Scroll down or up to view more items. Then, tap General.
General settings menu will load up on the next display.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Then, tap Reset.
The Reset menu opens, highlighting different reset commands.
5. Select Reset Keyboard Dictionary from the given options.
Doing so will get your device ready for a keyboard reset.
6. Enter your passcode on the next screen if prompted.
Your passcode is needed to verify your reset request.
After entering the correct passcode, a pop-up message will appear beneath the display.
7. Read and review the information and then tap Reset Dictionary to proceed.
All custom words you have typed on the keyboard will then be deleted and the factory default keyboard dictionary settings are restored. By then you can start adding new words and phrases to be used among other auto-correct suggestions.
And that’s about resetting the keyboard dictionary on the new iPhone 12.
More Video Tutorials
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting clips on different mobile phones and tablets, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
You might also want to read:
- How to Reset Keyboard Dictionary on Apple iPhone SE 2020 | Restore Default Keyboard Settings iOS 13
- How to fix Apple iPhone XR Keyboard app that keeps lagging and crashing unexpectedly [Troubleshooting Guide]
- Why iPhone 8 Plus Keyboard Wont Work, Display Boxes Instead Of Letters And How To Fix It