This post will walk you through adding a new language that will be used for text-based apps and services on the latest Apple iPhone series. Here’s a quick guide to add a new keyboard language on the iPhone 14 device.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Performing the following steps will take you to the iOS 16 Keyboard settings where you can see the list of all available keyboards and their corresponding languages including the one that’s currently used by system apps.
If your preferred language is not in the current list, an Add New Keyboard option is also available for you to press. Just follow these steps whenever you’re all set to configure your iPhone’s keyboard settings.
- First, tap the Settings icon from the Home screen or App Library of your iPhone.
Doing so launches the iOS settings menu that contains all system features and services.
- In the settings menu, find then tap General.
System management features and relevant options will load up on the next display.
- Tap Keyboard from the given options to proceed.
Another window opens with another set of keyboard-related options and functionalities.
- To continue, find then tap Keyboards.
All existing keyboards and their associated languages in the iOS keyboard directory will appear on the next screen.
- If your preferred keyboard is not in the list, then you'll need to add it first.
To do this, navigate to the bottom section of the Keyboards menu then tap Add New Keyboard.
- A list of all available keyboards and languages will load up on the next screen. Find the desired keyboard then tap to select it.
The selected keyboard will then be added among other existing keyboards in the iPhone system.
- To make your recently added keyboard the first option for apps and websites usage, tap Edit on the top-right corner of the Keyboards menu. On the following screen, drag the three short horizontal lines next to the keyboard that you'd like to add then drop it to the very first (top) order.
The recently added keyboard and its corresponding language will now be available for use by apps and other system services.
- Apple iPhone 14
Rearranging iPhone Keyboards
The order of the languages will be the basis for apps and websites to display text. If you want to change the current order of your iPhone keyboards, just follow these steps:
- Return to the Keyboards menu to begin.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, you will see the Edit command. Tap Edit to activate editable mode that makes all the existing items changeable.
- Find the keyboard language that you’d like to use then drag and drop it to the top of the list. The first in the list will be used as the system-wide keyboard.
- Tap Done when finished.
The keyboard settings, particularly keyboard order are now updated.
Deleting Unwanted Keyboard from the iPhone
You can easily remove any unused keyboards from your iPhone by heading back to the Keyboards settings menu.
- To do this, navigate to your iPhone Settings-> General-> Keyboard-> Keyboards menu then tap Edit to switch to edit mode. Find the keyboard that you’d like to remove then tap on the Minus (-) icon before it. To confirm action, tap the Delete button that appears right next to the keyboard.
The selected keyboard will then be removed from the iOS keyboard directory and disappear from the Keyboards list.
And that’s all about altering the keyboards settings to change the default or add a new keyboard to be used as the default system keyboard on the Apple iPhone 14 series.