Facebook is one of the most popular apps being used nowadays and its developers make sure that there’s minimal service interruption. However, there will always come a time wherein the app fails and this is actually the case with some of our readers that own the Apple iPhone X.
Our readers reported that when they open Facebook, the app closes on its own without apparent reason. It could be just a problem with the app or a minor issue with the iOS. The thing is, we won’t know what case really is if we don’t try to troubleshoot your phone.
So, in this post, I will walk you through in troubleshooting your iPhone X. We will try to consider every possibility and rule them out one by one until we can determine the reason why Facebook crashes. Knowing the problem is key to fixing it. So, continue reading as this article may be able to help you.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you are looking for a solution to a different issue, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed some of the most common problems reported by our readers. Find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If you still need our help after that, then feel free to contact us by filling up our Android issues questionnaire.
How to troubleshoot iPhone X with Facebook app that keeps crashing?
When dealing with problems involving third-party apps like Facebook, don’t worry too much as most of the time they minor issues. In fact, you can easily get rid of the problem by uninstalling the app but then again the purpose of this troubleshooting guide is to fix the issue so that you can continue using the app. With all that being said, here’s what I suggest you do about this problem…
Force close Facebook and reboot your iPhone X
There are times when apps crash due to minor firmware glitches. Actually, glitches happen more often than you think but you may only notice them when there are noticeable signs like app crashes, sluggish or poor performance, etc. We really need to rule out this possibility before we move on to other troubleshooting procedures because it’s really the case, then as early as now, you can already fix the problem.
Here’s the step by step instructions on how to do it:
- Quickly press the Home button twice. Doing so will show up a list of your recently used apps on the Apps Preview screen.
- Navigate to and then swipe up on the Facebook app to clear it.
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power off menu appears.
- Drag the slider from left to right to turn your iPhone completely off.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
If your iPhone freezes after Facebook crashes, then you can force it to reboot instead. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Then press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Finally, press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
It’s a simulated battery removal procedure that’s used to deal issues when the device is unresponsive, frozen or stuck on black screen due to apps or firmware crashes. Similar to a soft reset, a forced restart won’t delete your iPhone data.
Uninstall and reinstall Facebook.
If the Facebook app continues to crash after doing all prior procedures, then you may need to delete or uninstall it from your device. After deleting the app, you can download and install the latest version of Facebook for your iPhone X. To get this done, follow these steps:
- Tap and hold on any apps icon from the Home screen.
- When the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the top corner or the Messenger app icon to uninstall it.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
After the Facebook app has been successfully uninstalled from your iPhone X, restart your device then head over to the App Store, search for the latest Facebook version for iOS, then download and install it on your iPhone X.
Reset your iPhone X
If all else fails, then you have no other choice but to reset your iPhone. A reset will fix any app-related problem but make sure to backup your important files and data as they will be deleted. You may move them to your computer or any device where they will be safe. After the backup, follow these steps to perform the Factory Reset on your iPhone X.
- Tap to open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Erase all content and settings.
- Enter your device passcode to continue.
- Confirm iPhone reset.
When the reset is done, your iPhone automatically reboots. By then you can proceed to the initial setup process to use your device again.
I hope that this troubleshooting guide can help you one way or another. If you have other issues you want to share with us, feel free to contact us or leave a comment below.
- How to fix an iPhone X that keeps crashing, shutting down randomly after updating iOS [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone X that is not responding or gets stuck after installing iOS 11.4.1 update [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Messenger that keeps crashing or stops working on your iPhone X after installing a new iOS update (easy steps)
- How to fix Gmail app that keeps crashing or not working properly on your Apple iPhone X (easy steps)
- How to fix Amazon Shopping app that keeps crashing on your iPhone X (easy steps)
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone X smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone X. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.