In this video, we will show you what to do if Twitter crashes on iPhone 12 Mini, and how to prevent such a problem from happening again in the future. You may only need to do a couple of procedures to fix the problem, but if it’s not as minor as we think it is, don’t worry, there’s still something you can do. Read on to learn more.
App issues may occur more commonly than other problems. It’s because most of the apps nowadays constantly fetch information from their respective servers, and when that connection is cut, that’s what a problem occurs. So if you’re one of the iPhone 12 Mini users that are currently bugged by the Twitter crashes, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close Twitter and other apps running in the background
Perhaps the problem is just due to a minor issue with Twitter, that’s why the first thing that you have to do is to close it and then open it again. Most of the time, if this is just a minor app issue, such a procedure will be enough to make it work again. So here’s what you should do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the apps that are still running in the background.
- Swipe up on the Twitter app preview, and do the same to other apps.
Once you’ve closed the apps, try opening Twitter again to see if it works perfectly this time.
Second solution: Force restart your iPhone
App crashes can also be caused by some minor system glitches. Most of the time, when the firmware encounters some issues, it’s the apps that are the first ones to crash. So the next thing you need to do is to refresh your phone’s memory by doing the forced restart. It also reloads the apps and services. Here’s how it’s done:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- When the Apple logo shows, release the Power key and allow the device to continue the boot process.
After the reboot, try opening Twitter again to see if the problem is fixed.
Third solution: Check Twitter’s server status
If the first two solutions fail, then it’s possible that the crashes are caused by a server issue. So to rule such a possibility, check Twitter’s servers to see if they’re down or if there are currently issues with the app.
What you need to do is log on to DownDetector.com, and search for Twitter. DownDetector provides real-time reporting so if there are issues with Twitter’s servers, you would know as there will be a lot of reports.
But assuming that Twitter’s servers are running properly and that the problems reported by other users aren’t the same as yours, then the problem can be with the Twitter app on your iPhone.
Move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Uninstall Twitter and reinstall it
Crashes are often limited to the app in question, and so after doing the previous solutions and Twitter still crashes, it’s probably due to some corrupted installation files. So what you have to do next is to uninstall Twitter to remove all its installation files from your iPhone. After that, download a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the screen where the Twitter icon is located.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Twitter, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
And that’s pretty much it! Twitter should work properly now that you’ve reinstalled it.
Those are the solutions you should do if Twitter crashes on iPhone 12 Mini or any smartphone for that matter. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel so that we can continue creating helpful contents. Thanks for reading!