In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do if your Spotify pauses music on your iPhone 12. Some users reported that such a problem occurred after the iOS 14.4 update, although it’s possible that it’s a problem with the app itself. Continue reading to learn more about it.
Regardless of whether you have a premium subscription on Spotify or not, the music should continue to play unless you pause or stop it. However, it seems like some users have encountered issues on their iPhone 12 shortly after the iOS 14.4 update. If you’re one of them, then here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close Spotify and open it again
There is always a possibility that such a problem is due to a minor app problem. So the first thing you have to do is to close Spotify and then open it again, to see if the issue gets fixed by it. You may also close all other apps that are left running in the background because it’s possible one of them is causing the problem. Here’s how you do that:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the apps that are still running in the background.
- Swipe up on each app preview to close them one by one.
After doing that, open Spotify and play a track or two to know if the app pauses the music by itself.
Second solution: Force restart your iPhone
Most of the time, such a minor problem with Spotify can be fixed with the first solution. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to refresh the memory of your device and reload all services. You can do so by doing the Forced Restart. Here’s how it’s done:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- Once the Apple logo appears on the screen, release the Power key and allow the device to continue the boot process.
When the reboot is finished, open Spotify again to see if the problem is fixed.
Third solution: Check Spotify’s server status
Sometimes issues like this occur because of the problems in the servers. So after doing the first two solutions and Spotify continues to stop the music by itself, the next thing you have to do is to check if there are issues with its servers.
- Log on to DownDetector.com, and then search for Spotify.
- Under the Most reported problems section, you should know if other users have the same issues as yours.
If it’s a widespread problem, then you don’t have to do anything except wait until the problem is resolved.
However, if the problem you currently have isn’t the same as other users reported, then continue troubleshooting your device or the app.
Fourth solution: Make sure you have a stable connection
If you stream music through the app, then it must be constantly connected to its servers. Which means that you also need to have a good and stable Internet connection.
That’s why the next thing you have to do is to check the stability of your connection. If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, make sure that you’re connected to your own network.
You may also do a speed test to know how stable or fast your connection is.
But assuming that your Internet connection is good enough and yet the problem continues to haunt you, then move on to the next solution.
Fifth solution: Uninstall Spotify and reinstall it
After making sure Spotify’s servers are working properly and you have a stable Internet connection but your music still pauses on its own, then the next procedure you have to do is to uninstall the app from your device to also remove all its installation files. After that, download a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the screen where the Spotify icon is located.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Spotify, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
You should be able to enjoy your music now that you’ve reinstalled Spotify.
And those are the things you have to do if Spotify pauses music on your iPhone 12. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel so that we can continue to help other people. Thanks for reading!
- iPhone 12 Won’t Turn On? Here’s The Fix!
- iPhone 12 Won’t Charge? Here’s How You Fix It!
- No Sound On iPhone 12? Here are some ways to fix it