In this post, we will show you what to do if Messenger login keeps failing on your iPhone 12 Mini. Some users reported that the problem started after an update, but it appears like it’s actually just a minor issue with the app. Continue reading to learn more about such a problem.
Login issues on apps are not serious. Most of the time, you can fix them by doing the most basic troubleshooting procedures. There are even times when they get fixed on their own. So if you’re one of the users who are having issues logging in to their Messenger accounts, then here’s what you should do:
First solution: Make sure you have an Internet connection
It is possible that you have an unstable or no internet connection at all. As you log in, Messenger will verify the credentials with its servers, which needs a stable Internet connection. So the first thing that you have to do is make sure your iPhone is connected to your Wi-Fi network or cellular data.
You may need to perform a speed test to see how fast and stable your Internet connection is. If it’s indeed due to an unstable connection, then fixing such a problem will also fix the Messenger login issue.
Second solution: Close Messenger and open it again
Assuming that your iPhone still has a good and fast Internet connection, then the problem is probably with the app. For minor app problems, closing and reopening the app in question will fix them, and that’s what you need to do at this point. This is how you do it:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle.
- Now swipe up on the Messenger preview to close it. You may also close all other apps that are left running in the background.
After doing that, try to launch Messenger again to see if you can now log in to your account.
Third solution: Check for Messenger’s servers
It is also possible that there are some issues with Facebook’s servers. Server issues occur from time to time and if that’s the case here, then there’s nothing much you can do about it, except to wait it out.
- What you need to do is log on to Down Detector, and then search for Messenger.
- Try to see if the problem you currently have is the same with one of the most commonly reported issues, because if so, then rest assured that it will be fixed in the next couple of hours or less.
However, if those problems aren’t the same as yours, then move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Uninstall Messenger and reinstall it
Assuming that your iPhone has a stable internet connection and that there’s no problem with the servers, the next thing you have to do is to reinstall the app. It’s apparently an app issue and it’s possible that some of its installation files have been corrupted. Uninstalling the app will delete those files, and reinstalling it will make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how it’s done:
- Go to the screen where the Messenger icon is located.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app and then touch Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm you want to uninstall the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Messenger, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
You should be able to login to your account now that you’ve reinstalled it.
And that’s what you need to do if your Messenger login keeps failing. We hope that this guide can help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. Thanks for reading!