When trying to open iTunes you might come across the error 0xc000007b. The error message that you will usually get reads “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.” This problem is usually caused by conflicts between the iTunes software and your computer operating system. To fix this problem you should follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
How To Fix iTunes Error 0xc000007b
- Uninstall iTunes from your computer then download the latest version from the Apple website. Check if the issue still occurs.
- Make sure your computer is running on the latest software updates and that it has all of the necessary drivers updated and installed. Check if the issue still occurs.
- Try running iTunes as an administrator. To do this, please right click the shortcut icon on desktop and select “Run as administrator” option. Click “Yes” when you see the popped up message box and you will be able to run the application successful.
- Make sure that your security software is up-to-date and scan your system.
- Try to disable or uninstall the computer security software then check if the issue still occurs.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.