This post will walk you through contacts management as well as calling options on the new iPhone 8 Plus smartphone. If you are still new to the iOS platform or just made a switch from Android to an iPhone, then this post might be able to help you get started. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed. So let’s get started.
How to add, import and delete contacts on your iPhone 8 Plus?
Contacts management basically involves adding, importing, editing and deleting contacts information on your device. Here’s how each of these methods are carried out.
Adding contacts on your iPhone 8 Plus
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Tap Extras.
- Tap Contacts.
- Enter the contact’s details like first name and additional information as desired.
- When you’re finished adding all necessary details, tap Done.
Adding a recent caller to Contacts
- Tap Phone from the home screen.
- Tap Recents.
- Select the info (i) icon next to the desired number.
- Select the option to Create New Contact or select Add to Existing contact then follow the prompts to complete the entire process.
Finding a contact on your iPhone 8 Plus
- To find a contact, select the Search field at the top of the contacts list then enter the contact information to search.
- Alternatively, you can search your contacts with Spotlight Search.
Sharing contacts on your iPhone 8 Plus
- To share a contact, select a contact you want to share then tap Share Contact option.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the contacts sharing process.
Adding a contact to Favorites
- Adding contacts to Favorites lets you easily access and use the contact details straight from the Favorites section. To do so, select the desired contact, tap the Add to Favorites option, then select the desired option.
How to edit contact details on your iPhone 8 Plus?
You can edit contacts details on your iPhone anytime you want. Here’s how to get started:
- Select or find the contact you want to edit information from, tap Edit, then make the necessary chances to the contact details.
- You can also change a label by selecting Label option, select the desired label or tap Add Custom Label to create one of your own.
- Finally, tap Done when you’re finished.
Adding a photo on a contact
- If you wish to add a photo on a contact, select the option to Add Photo and follow the onscreen instructions to select and set a photo for the contact. Then tap Done when finished.
Adding a custom ringtone on a contact
- To add a Custom Ringtone, select the Ringtone field then tap to select the desired ringtone. When you’re finished, tap Done to save the changes.
How to import contacts on your iPhone 8 Plus?
You can import or move contacts from your iPhone to the SD card or SIM card. Here’s how:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap Import SIM Contacts.
- Select the account to import your contacts into.
Wait until the device is finished importing contacts to the desired account or device memory.
How to delete a contact form your iPhone 8 Plus?
If you no longer want to keep a contact’s details, you can just remove it. Doing so can help free up some space of your iPhone memory as well. Here’s how it’s done:
- Tap Phone from the Home screen to launch the Phone app.
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap to select the contact you wish to delete.
- Tap Edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Delete Contact twice to confirm action.
The selected contact is now removed.
How to block calls from a contact number on your iPhone 8 Plus?
Blocking a contact number may be necessary in certain circumstance, for privacy and security purposes in general. Here’s how it’s done on your new iPhone:
- Tap Phone from the Home screen.
- Select Recents.
- Tap the info (i) icon next to the contact or phone number you want to block.
- Scroll to and select the option to Block This Caller.
- Tap Block Contact.
The contact will then be added in the blocked list. All incoming calls from a blocked contact number will not go through.
Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone 8 Plus through FaceTime and Messages app
You can also use other apps like FaceTime and Messages to block a contact or caller on your iPhone. Here’s how:
- To add a contact from Messages or FaceTime, go to Settings > Messages or Settings > FaceTime, scroll down and tap Blocked, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block.
- To unblock a contact or phone number, swipe left over the number, then tap Unblock.
Where to find blocked listed contacts on your iPhone 8 Plus?
Contacts and phone numbers that you have blocked can be found through your iPhone Settings under Phone-> Call Blocking & Identification menu. You can access this folder or menu to add a new contact to block or edit (unblock) contact numbers from within Settings.
- To unblock, select the desired contact number then tap the option to Unblock This Caller.
Hint: You won’t be able to block an unknown caller or calls with no caller ID but you can enable Do Not Disturb manually and set it to ‘Only all calls from your contacts list’.
A more detailed separate guide on how to use and manage Do Not Disturb (DND) feature on your iPhone 8 Plus is available on our tutorials section from the iPhone 8 Plus Troubleshooting page. Feel free to visit that page for more information on the process. Or if you need help in troubleshooting related issues with contacts on your iPhone, just let us know so we can further assist you.
The call blocking feature may not affect phone calls made or received through third-party apps installed on your iPhone. For further assistance with such applications, please contact the third-party app developers for recommendations.