In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do if Instagram crashes on iPhone 12 and won’t work properly. Some users reported that such a problem started after the recent iOS 14.4 update, although it can only be caused by a minor app or software problem. Continue reading to learn how to fix such an issue.
Apps like Instagram are among the most stable ones, as they’re being updated regularly. But bugs and other issues may occur from time to time and mess up some devices. If you’re one of the users that have encountered having the app to crash on you, then here’s what you should do about it:
First solution: Close Instagram and other apps
It is possible that such a problem is just due to a minor glitch in the app or caused by other apps that stopped working. Thus the first thing you have to do is to close Instagram as well as the other apps that are running in the background. Here’s how it’s done:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the apps that are still running.
- Swipe up on each preview to close them one after another.
After doing that, try opening Instagram to see if the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Force restart your iPhone
If Instagram still continues to crash after doing the first procedure, then what you have to do next is to refresh your iPhone’s memory and reload all its apps and services. You can do that by performing the forced restart. This is how it’s done:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button and then Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- Once the Apple logo shows, release the Power key and wait until the restart is finished.
After doing that, open Instagram to know if it still crashes.
Third solution: Check Instagram’s server status
It is possible that the app crashes because its servers are down. So what you have to do next is to check the status of the servers.
- All you have to do is log on to DownDetector.com and search for Instagram.
- Once found, click on it to know if there’s a problem with the service.
If the problem is widespread, then other users must have reported the issues they have experienced, and you can see that on the Most reported problems section.
If the problems that were reported aren’t the same as yours, then move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Check your Internet connection
If Instagram’s servers are working properly, then you have to check the stability of your Internet connection.
Apps like Instagram have to be connected to their servers constantly, and if your connection is not stable, then they might crash while trying to download information from the server.
All you have to do is make sure your iPhone is connected to your own network if you use Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet. If you use mobile data to get online, then try doing a speed test to know how fast and stable your connection is.
Fifth solution: Uninstall Instagram and reinstall it
After making sure that you have a fast and stable Internet connection, and yet Instagram continues to crash, then you have no other choice but to remove it completely from your iPhone to also delete its installation files. After that, download a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the screen where the Instagram icon is located.
- Tap and hold on its icon until options show.
- Tap Remove app, and then tap Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for Instagram, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Instagram should work properly now that you’ve reinstalled it.
And those are the things you have to do if Instagram crashes on iPhone 12 after an update. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
If we were able to help you fix this problem, please consider supporting us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!
- iPhone 12 Keeps Freezing Randomly After iOS 14.3
- How to Delete All Website Data on iPhone 12 Safari Browser
- How to Disable Automatic App Updates on Apple iPhone 12