In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do if Facebook crashes on iPhone 12. We will try to look into all possibilities and rule them out one by one until we know what the cause is and hopefully be able to fix the problem. Read on to learn more.
Facebook is one of the apps that’s being updated regularly to make sure it works properly. However, problems still occur every now and then. Most of the time, such issues are minor that might just be the case here.
If it’s just a minor connection issue, then the first solution will take care of it. But if it’s an app problem, then the proceeding procedures will help you make Facebook run smoothly again. With that being said, here’s what you should do about it:
First solution: Make sure you have Internet
There have been instances of Facebook crashes that were caused due to unstable or no internet connection. So if such a problem occurred without apparent reason, try checking your internet as that might be the cause.
Just make sure you’re still connected to your network and then try doing a speed test. If you’re pretty sure you have an active internet connection and Facebook still keeps crashing, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Close Facebook and do the Forced Restart
Another possibility is that there’s a minor app issue that’s preventing facebook from running smoothly. To rule this out, close Facebook and all other apps running in the background, and then refresh your device’s memory by doing the forced restart. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the apps that are running in the background.
- Swipe up on each app preview to close them.
- To force restart your iPhone, quickly press and release the Volume Up button and then the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to shut down and power back up.
- When the Apple logo shows, release the Power key and wait until the device finishes the reboot.
Once the restart is done, open Facebook and see if it still crashes. If it still does, then try the next solution.
Third solution: Uninstall Facebook and reinstall it
After reloading the app and refreshing your iPhone’s memory and the problem still occurs, then it’s time you removed it completely from your device by uninstalling it. It will also delete all possible corrupted data files and caches. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you’re running the latest version. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the screen where the Facebook app is located.
- Tap and hold on its icon until the options menu shows.
- Tap Remove app, and then tap Delete app.
- Tap Delete to confirm you want to uninstall it.
- Once the app is successfully removed, launch the App store.
- Search for Facebook, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the installation to finish, and then launch the app.
Most of the time, this procedure is enough to fix apps that keep crashing. However, if the problem continues, then move on to the next solution.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your iPhone
If the first three solutions failed to fix Facebook that keeps crashing, then it’s possible that it’s an issue with the firmware. So the next thing you have to do is the factory reset. This will fix any app-related problem including this one. However, make sure to backup your important files and data before doing it. When ready, follow these steps to reset your iPhone 12:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
And that’s what you need to do if Facebook crashes on iPhone 12. We hope that we’ve been able to help.
Please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents.