Deleting unwanted applications is part of memory management especially if your phone’s internal memory is already shrinking. It’s also necessary to delete apps that cause various device issues like the ones halting the phone system to perform at its best. In iOS, deleting apps is very easy. Nonetheless, those who are new to the platform may still need some help to get acclimatized with the steps.
This walkthrough is specifically aimed at helping iOS newbies in getting started with iOS apps management. If you’re one of the target audience, then feel free to refer to this guide. Read further and learn how to apps deletion is done on the iOS 12 platform, particularly on the new iPhone XS Max handset.
How To Delete Apps On iPhone XS Max
Deleting apps on iPhone XS Max through settings
System management in mobile devices including the new iPhone is usually carried out through the settings menu. In here you can adjust some options, turn features off or on and many other important tasks. Deleting apps on the new iPhone XS Max for example can also be done through the settings menu. And here’s how it works:
- Tap to open the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Select the app you want to delete.
- Tap the option to Offload App or Delete App.
If you choose to Offload App, the selected app will be deleted but the data and files for that app will be retained. This allows you to restore your data when you reinstall the app on your phone.
If you choose Delete App, the selected app and its related data will be completely deleted permanently.
Deleting third-party apps apps on iPhone XS Max
Third-party apps are those that you’ve downloaded from the App Store. These apps may or may not run properly on your phone due to many factors including system incompatibility, bugs and malware infiltration. Apps that aren’t running as intended are usually corrupted and therefore need to be reinstalled. But before reinstalling, you will need to delete the problematic app first. On the iPhone XS Max, deleting third-party apps is done with these steps:
- Lightly touch and hold the app icon from the Home screen until it jiggles. Note: If you press too firmly on an app, you might open the app’s Quick Actions menu. In that case, simply tap outside of the Quick Actions list and then lightly touch and hold the app icon to exit and then retry.
- Tap the X in the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete/uninstall.
- If prompted, tap Delete to confirm.
- When you’re done deleting apps, tap Done.
Deleting built-in (pre-installed) apps on iPhone XS Max
The latest iOS platform already allows users to delete some built-in apps or apps that are pre-installed. In case you find the need to do so, then here’s how it’s done:
- From the Home screen, touch and hold the app icon lightly until it jiggles.
- Tap on the app you want to delete or uninstall.
- Then tap DELETE when asked to confirm.
- When you’re done deleting apps, press the Home button to stop the apps from jiggling.
Deleting an app from your iPhone also deletes that app from your Apple Watch.
Deleting apps on iPhone XS Max using iTunes on a computer
If your iPhone becomes unresponsive due to some errant applications, then you will need to use iTunes to access your iPhone system and delete the problematic app that caused your device screen to freeze or get stuck. iTunes is Apple’s very own iOS management software that can be downloaded and installed on a computer. If you do have a Windows or Mac computer at home that runs in a compatible operating system and has the latest version of iTunes software installed, then you can use it to delete apps from your iPhone XS Max. Here’s how it’s done:
- Connect your iPhone XS Max to your computer via USB or Lightning cable.
- When connected, open iTunes on your computer.
- Select your iPhone XS Max when it appears in iTunes.
- Click on Apps under the Settings section located on the left side of iTunes screen. You will then see a list of apps on the right side of iTunes screen, with Home screens next to it.
- Double-click on a Home screen from where you can select the app you want to delete.
- Then click on the app to delete. A delete sign (X) will appear on the upper left corner of the app icon.
- Tap on the delete or X sign to confirm deletion of the app. The app will be deleted quickly.
- When you’re done deleting apps, click on the Apply button from the bottom of the iTunes screen.
Restoring deleted apps on iPhone XS Max
Apps that you’ve recently uninstalled can still be restored as you desire. On the iPhone XS Max, restoring deleted applications is carried out through these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from your Home screen. Doing so will launch the App Store application.
- From the App Store main screen, search for the name of the app you want to restore. Just type in the name of the app. Also make sure that you entered the same exact name of the app.
- Find and select the correct name of the built-in app to restore.
- Then tap the Cloud icon or Get button to restore the app.
When the app is successfully restored, you should see the app icon added on your iPhone’s home screen.
To refresh the phone memory and operating system, it is recommended to reboot your iPhone after deleting or restoring apps. Doing so will likewise clear cache and corrupted data that might have caused other apps or iOS itself to act up.
If you have any further concerns or have some trouble deleting or restoring apps on your iPhone XS Max, then you may relay the problem to us and we’d be glad to help you further. Just visit this site’s troubleshooting page for more details on how to reach out to our iOS support team.
I hope that this how-to post has helped you one way or another. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post to your friends or people who may also have similar problems. Thanks for reading!