This post will help you customize the control center of the new iPhone SE 2020 handset. Read on to learn how to add and remove shortcut icons from your iPhone’s control center.
The Control Center is a panel that comprises different controls or shortcut icons. It allows you to access dozens of features on your iPhone with a single tap on an icon. You can use the control center to instantly take a photo, turn on the flashlight, pair with Bluetooth, control your Apple TV, connect to the internet, play music and more.
To get all these done, you will need to customize your phone’s control center so it will have all the shortcut icons you often used.
And if you need some input in doing so, you can refer to this quick walk-through.
Easy Steps to Customize the Control Center on your iPhone SE 2020
Time Needed : 8 minutes
Removing and adding shortcut icons and controls to the new iPhone SE 2020 is carried out through these steps. If you own an iPhone or other iOS device that runs on the same iOS version, then you can refer to this guide, too.
- Whenever you're ready, go to the Home screen and then tap the Settings icon.
Doing so will launch the main settings menu of your iPhone.
In this menu, you will see a list of basic and advanced features to manage.
- Locate and then tap the Control Center option.
A new window opens with the control center menu items.
Here, you can toggle the switch to enable access to the control center within apps.
- To continue, tap the option to Customize Controls.
Another screen opens with a list of different app icons or shortcut controls.
Existing controls or icons in the control center are listed under the INCLUDE section.
- It is also in this section that you can remove a shortcut icon or control. To do so, simply tap the Minus sign right before the name of each control.
For example, tapping the Minus icon before Calculator will trigger the Remove command to show up on the right corner of the display, next to Calculator.
- Simply tap the Remove button to confirm that you would like to remove the Calculator icon or shortcut from the control center.
The Calculator control will then be deleted from the INCLUDE section and moved to the MORE CONTROLS section.
- To add it back, go down to the More Controls section, then tap the Plus sign before Calculator.
Doing so will put the Calculator back under the INCLUDE section.
This means that the Calculator app can now be launched straight from the Control Center simply by tapping the Calculator icon.
To add another control or shortcut icon from the MORE CONTROLS section, just follow the same procedure.
- iOS 13.6
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
You can also rearrange the icons in the Control Center. To do this, simply head over to the Settings-> Control Center menu and then select the option to Customize Controls. After that, press and hold the three gray lines next to the controls and drag them in the order that you prefer.
On an iPhone SE 2020, the control center can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom edge of any screen. Closing it will require a tap on the top of the screen or by pressing the Home button.
Can’t See the Control Center on your iPhone?
If for some reason the control center doesn’t show on your device, check and ensure that it is enabled in settings. The control center’s on and off switch is typically found under the Face ID and Passcode menu listed along with other features under Allow Access When Locked.
Also ensure that your iPhone software is up to date. If it isn’t, check for a new iOS update to download and install on your device.
Hope this helps!
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
You Might Also Want to Read:
- Apple iPhone 7 Screen Management: Use, Manage, and Customize Home Screen / Display Settings
- Apple iPhone 8 Starters Guide: How to use and manage iOS 11 network and connectivity settings
- Why Is My iPhone Battery Yellow: Everything You Need To Know
- Apple iPhone 7 Starter Guide: What every newbie should know to get started with their new iPhone 7