This post will walk you through activating the iOS 16 feature that shows the iPhone 14’s actual battery percentage. Here’s a quick guide to hide and show battery percentage on the Apple iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 2 minutes
Normally, the battery percentage on the iPhone is shown in the Control Center right next to the battery icon. On the iPhone 14 and other iPhone models with FaceID, the battery percentage can be visible on the status bar of the Home screen, embedded inside the battery icon on the top-right corner.
If for some reason your new iPhone 14 does not show this information on the battery status icon, then turning the Battery percentage switch ON from the iOS settings menu would be necessary. In case you need some input on how to access and activate this feature on your new iOS smartphone, you can refer to these outlined instructions.
- To begin, launch the iOS Settings app on your iPhone by tapping on the Settings icon from the Home screen.
You can also access the Settings app through the App library. Just find the Settings app shortcut represented by a gear-shaped icon then tap on it to launch the app.
- While in the settings menu, scroll to find Battery from the given options then tap on it to proceed.
The Battery settings menu will load up next. Here, you will see more details about your iPhone’s previous battery usage.
- On the upper section of the screen, you will see two main switches for the Battery Percentage and Low Power mode functions.
Tap to turn the Battery Percentage switch ON.
- When the switch turns green or highlighted, it means that the feature is enabled.
That said, you should already see the battery percentage inside the battery control on the status bar or Control Center of your iOS device.
- To turn this feature OFF, just repeat the same steps to head back to the Battery settings menu then toggle to turn the Battery percentage switch OFF to disable the feature.
Doing so removes the battery percentage from the battery icon on the status bar of your phone.
- Apple iPhone 14
Seeing the battery percentage on your iPhone can help you manage or control battery usage. This feature comes in handy whenever you need to preserve your iPhone’s battery life until the next charge.
Battery information including the battery percentage can also be accessed through the Battery widget on your iPhone’s Home screen or Today’s View if you’ve added the widget already.
And that’s how you show the battery percentage on the iPhone 14 status bar.