If you’ve been dealing with Amazon shopping that keeps crashing after updating to iOS 13.2 on your iPhone XS Max, then you’re on the right spot. Read further to know more about the details on how to fix the problem.
As we know, Amazon shopping is one of the largest online shops in the world. It provides a wide array of products which equates to the convenience of the online shoppers. It uses the Amazon’s marketplace to sell these products.
However, this app faced an issue after the recent iOS 13.2 update on iPhone XS Max users. It is reported by some users where they get a problem with Amazon shopping that keeps crashing after installing the update. Know more about the fixes below.
Troubleshoot iPhone XS Max with Amazon shopping that keeps crashing after iOS 13.2 update
Keeping up with today’s technology may seem a little bit difficult. Errors on smartphone devices are just around the corner, ready to bring havoc and destroy the smooth experience. Installing a new software update are intended to bring stability and fixes to reported errors but it will always make or break your device. If you’ve been affected by an issue on iPhone XS Max that incurred an Amazon shopping that keeps crashing, scroll down and learn more about how you can enjoy your online shopping again.
First solution: Reboot your iPhone XS Max.
A reboot could fortify your device and remove minor glitches that may have been manifesting on the system. These bugs inflicted by the recent software update could manipulate some functions on your phone and may have been the reason why Amazon shopping keeps on crashing. Restarting your iPhone XS Max should help in removing dump cache and erratic apps that may also cause conflicts. This process will also increase the performance of your phone’s CPU by refreshing the system.
You can start with a soft reset to reboot your device. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power/Side button and either of the Volume buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons once Slide to Power off prompt appears on the screen.
- Drag the Power off slider to the right to turn off your phone.
- After 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
An alternative option in cases a soft reset won’t be feasible due to frozen touch screen whenever an app crashes is a force restart. It provides the same benefits as a soft reset but differs on the execution. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and release the Volume Up button quickly.
- Press and release the Volume Down button quickly.
- Lastly, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Once the reboot process has been completed and your device is up and running, relaunch the Amazon shopping and check if the issue has been resolved.
Second solution: Install pending app updates on your iPhone XS Max.
Updates from the apps could also increase the chance in resolving the Amazon shopping that keeps crashing on your iPhone XS Max. Doing so allows necessary patches to be installed on the app that could fix in-app errors. It could also further remove conflicts and incompatibility problems with the recent software update. To do this, just follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen, tap on App Store to open it.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the app to update individual apps.
- Tap on Update All to update all apps simultaneously.
Reboot your device after installing app updates to implement necessary changes and refresh the system.
Third solution: Reset network settings to fix Amazon shopping that keeps crashing.
iOS overrides could alter some information on your device automatically without your awareness. They could invalidate some information which is necessary for online services such as Amazon shopping to work properly. To ensure that the phone’s network settings are correct, remove all customized network settings and revert them to their default values and options by performing reset network settings. Just refer to these steps:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to and then select Reset.
- Tap the Reset Network Settings option.
- Enter your device passcode once prompted.
- Then tap to confirm network settings reset.
Your device will reboot automatically once the reset is done. As soon as its up and running, enable Wi-Fi connection and open Amazon shopping to see if the issue has been fixed.
Fourth solution: Clear app cache on your iPhone XS Max.
Software glitches could affect the cache files on your phone. Erratic app cache can affect the app’s performance and may have been the reason why you have an Amazon shopping that keeps crashing on your iPhone XS Max. To clear cache and renew the files and data on the apps system, follow the steps below:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Select General.
- Tap on iPhone Storage.
- Tap on Manage Storage.
- Select a file in Documents and Data.
- Drag unwanted files to the left and click on Delete.
- Tap on Edit, then select Delete All option to wipe out all of the app’s data.
You can reboot your device after deleting the app’s cache to refresh the system then use Amazon shopping to see if the issue is gone.
Fifth solution: Uninstall then reinstall the Amazon shopping app on your iPhone XS Max.
Uninstalling then reinstalling the app may be considered as one of the last resort if all else fails in fixing the problem. The logic of the method is simple, it allows you to get a new app and remove the older one which may have been corrupted or damaged. If you wish to try this out, here are the steps:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold on an app icon until the icons start jiggling.
- Tap the X on the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of the selected app.
- Perform a restart on your iPhone.
- After the reboot process is done, open the App store from the Home screen.
- Tap on your profile icon then tap on Purchased.
- Tap the Not on This iPhone tab.
- Select the app that you want to reinstall on your device.
- If you don’t see the app from the selected tab, try switching to All tab.
After reinstalling the Amazon shopping app, set it up and check if you can use it this time without an issue.
Still having an Amazon shopping that keeps crashing on your iPhone XS Max?
Many simple errors have escalated to severe issues when bugs from the software update have infected the phone’s system and causes complex system issues. If this is the case that’s causing the problem on Amazon shopping, you might need to opt in for advanced solutions such as factory reset, recovery mode restore or DFU mode restore to fix the issue.
You could also get valuable information and official recommendations by reporting this matter to Apple support and the Amazon shopping app support. Just provide them with the complete details of the issue as well as the steps you’ve performed so that they can advise you accordingly on how to fix the Amazon shopping that keeps crashing on iPhone XS Max after iOS 13.2 update.