In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you how to fix an iPhone 12 Mini stuck on a black screen of death shortly after the iOS 14.4 update. Most of the time, you really don’t have to worry about such a problem because it’s pretty minor, unless you dropped your iPhone or submerged it in water for a long time. Read on to learn more.
The black screen issue can be a sign of a serious hardware-related problem, or just a minor firmware concern. Everything depends on how the issue started. If it occurred after the device is dropped, then there’s a possibility it’s a hardware problem, otherwise it must be something you can fix by yourself. With that being said, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Try to Force Restart your iPhone
Most of the time, when a device gets stuck on a black screen and would no longer respond for no apparent reason, all you need to do is the forced restart. It’s a simulated battery removal that refreshes your phone’s memory. It will force it to boot up even if the firmware has crashed. So here’s how you do it:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, followed with the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for at least 8 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to boot up.
- So if the Apple logo shows on the screen, then it’s a sign that the problem is fixed and you may release the power key now.
The logo is a sign that the problem is not serious, and your device should work now. However, if it still won’t respond, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Charge your iPhone and do the Forced Restart
Most of the time, the first solution is all you need to fix a problem like this. However, there’s always a possibility that the battery is drained completely, and that the firmware crashed just before the device shut off. So to rule that out, give your iPhone some time to charge and then do the forced restart while it’s connected to the charger. Here’s how you do that:
- Plug the power adapter to a working wall outlet.
- Connect your iPhone to its using the original lightning cable.
- Regardless of whether the charging sign shows or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, try doing the Forced restart while your iPhone 12 mini is still connected to the charger.
- If the logo shows, then release the Power key and wait until the device boots up successfully.
These two procedures are enough to determine if the device needs to be checked by a tech. So after doing them and your iPhone 12 Mini is still not responding, then that’s the time to bring it to the shop.
And that’s what you need to do with your iPhone 12 Mini stuck on black screen of death. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
Please support us by subscribing to our channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents. Thanks for reading!
- How To Fix It If Apple iPhone 12 Mini Disconnects From Wi-Fi Network
- How To Fix An Apple iPhone 12 Mini That Keeps Lagging
- How To Fix An Apple iPhone 12 Mini That Won’t Turn On