In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do with your Apple iPhone 12 Mini that won’t turn on after the iOS 14.4 update. Such a problem can be just due to a minor firmware issue, or it can be a sign of a serious hardware problem. Continue reading to learn more.
When a premium smartphone like the iPhone 12 Mini just powers itself down and would no longer turn back on, the problem can either be due to a hardware issue, or there’s just a minor problem with the firmware. If you’re one of the users with this kind of problem, then here’s what you should do:
First solution: Do the Forced Restart
Assuming that such an issue occurred out of the blue without apparent reason, then it’s more likely due to a firmware crash. It happens every now and then, and while it may seem like a serious hardware problem, it’s actually pretty minor. In fact, a forced restart will be enough to fix it. So here’s how you do it:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, followed with the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for at least 8 seconds. This will trigger your iPhone to boot up.
- So if the Apple logo shows on the screen, then it’s a sign that the problem is fixed and you may release the power key now.
This is often enough to make your unresponsive iPhone turn on again. However, if it doesn’t respond to it, then move on to the next solution.
Second solution: Charge your iPhone and do the Forced Restart
As long as your iPhone doesn’t have visible signs of physical or liquid damage, the problem can be pretty minor. In fact, it can only be due to a drained battery. There are times when the firmware crashes just before the device shuts down due to a drained battery. So to rule out such a possibility, here’s what you should do:
- Plug the power adapter to a working wall outlet.
- Connect your iPhone to its using the original lightning cable.
- Regardless of whether the charging sign shows or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, try doing the Forced restart while your iPhone 12 mini is still connected to the charger.
- If the logo shows, then release the Power key and wait until the device boots up successfully.
These two solutions are enough to determine if the problem is serious or not. So if your iPhone 12 Mini still won’t turn on after doing them, then it’s time to have it checked.
And those are the solutions you can use to fix your iPhone 12 Mini that won’t turn on. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
If you find this post helpful, please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!