In this video, we will show you what you should do if your Apple iPhone 12 Mini keeps losing signal. Most of the time, signal-related issues are not serious as they occur briefly and get fixed immediately. But there are times when it’s also a sign of a serious problem. Continue reading to learn more.
There are times when your system glitches occur on your device and when that happens, some services may be affected. The network services are among the ones that are often affected by minor firmware glitches. So if your iPhone starts losing or dropping its signal for no apparent reason, here’s what you should do:
First solution: Check the signal indicator
First off, make sure that it’s not just an issue with the area. There are areas that have poor coverage and the signal intensity may fluctuate. So if it’s the first time you encounter this kind of problem, immediately check the signal indicator to see if your device is getting a good reception.
If it only has one or a couple of signal bars, then it might be an issue with the area. Most of the time, you don’t have to do anything about it because once you move back to the area with excellent reception, the problem will be fixed by itself.
However, if your iPhone shows it has good reception but all of a sudden drops, then continue troubleshooting it.
Second solution: Force restart your iPhone
After making sure that your iPhone has a good reception, what you need to do is to refresh its memory. Try doing the forced restart as it often fixes minor firmware and network-related issues. It even reloads all apps and services. Here’s how you do it on your iPhone:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 8 seconds. This will force your device to shut down and power back up.
- When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and allow the device to continue the boot process.
When the reboot is finished, try to see if the problem is already fixed.
Third solution: Reset the network settings of your iPhone
Since we’re dealing with a network related issue, what you have to do next if the previous solutions fail, is to reload the network services. You can do so by resetting the network settings. Doing so will bring all the wireless services back to their default configuration. You don’t need to backup your files as they will not be deleted. Here’s how it’s done:
- Access Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down to and select General.
- Tap Reset then select Reset network settings option.
- Enter your device passcode if prompted.
- Tap Reset network settings again to confirm.
Your iPhone will reboot after this, once it has finished rebooting, try to see if your iPhone is still dropping its signal.
Fourth solution: Factory reset your device
After resetting the network services and your iPhone 12 Mini still loses its signal randomly, what you need to do next is to reset it. A factory reset will be able to fix network-related issues like this, provided that the problem is with the firmware.
Prior to the reset, make sure to create a backup of your important files as they will be deleted. When ready, follow these steps to reset your iPhone:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
After the reset, observe your iPhone to see if the problem is gone.
Fifth solution: Call tech support
If the signal continues to drop even after you’ve reset your iPhone, then it’s better to call your service provider because it’s possible that there are some issues with your account.
Assuming that it’s an account-related issue, the rep will be able to help you fix it, and retain the service.
However, if it’s a network problem, then you will be advised to wait for a certain period of time as the problem will be fixed by itself.
And those are the solutions you can use if your iPhone 12 Mini keeps losing signal. We hope that this simple troubleshooting guide has been helpful.
If we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your phone, please support us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents. Thanks for reading!
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini Stuck On Black Screen Of Death
- How To Fix It If Apple iPhone 12 Mini Disconnects From Wi-Fi Network
- How To Fix An Apple iPhone 12 Mini That Keeps Lagging