This post will walk you through adding and removing shortcut icons from the iOS 16 control center. Here’s a quick guide to add/remove control center icons on the iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
The iOS 16 control center offers a quicker way to access your favorite apps and it is made customizable by end-users. That said, you can add shortcut controls to your favorite apps that aren't shown by default and remove those that are not that useful to you.
Depicted below is the actual process of getting these things done on the new iPhone 14 device. Feel free to refer to these steps when needed.
- To begin, launch the iOS Settings app on your iPhone by tapping on the Settings icon from the Home screen.
Alternatively, you can access the Settings app shortcut represented by a gear-shaped icon from the App library. Simply tap on it to launch and access the settings menu.
- While in the settings menu, scroll to find then tap Control Center.
The Control Center menu opens with a list of apps divided in two sections namely, included controls and more controls.
- To continue, navigate to the Included Controls section.
Under it is a list of apps with shortcut icons that are accessible through the control center.
- To remove a control, tap the Minus (-) icon before the name of the app.
Doing so will activate the delete command next to it.
- Tap Remove to confirm action. The selected app shortcut will then be deleted from the control center.
While the app shortcut is no longer visible in the control center, it is still accessible through the settings menu or app library of your iPhone.
Repeat the same steps to remove other app shortcuts from the control center.
- To add new app controls, navigate to the More Controls section.
Here, you will see a list of all available apps on your phone.
- Find the app that you'd like to add a shortcut to the control center then tap on the Plus (+) icon before the app's name.
The selected app will then be moved from the More Controls to the Included Controls section. A new app shortcut is also added into the control center.
- Apple iPhone 14
To add another app shortcut to the control center, just repeat the same steps to find the desired app from the More Controls section.
Accessing iPhone 14 Control Center Shortcuts
The control center is typically launched by swiping down from the top-right edge of your iPhone’s Home screen. If you’ve enabled the option to Access Within Apps, the Control Center will be accessible within any app screens on your device.
And that’s all about adding and removing icons to/from the control center of an iPhone 14 device.