This post will walk you through adjusting an iOS 16 accessibility feature that allows you to reduce or increase the size of the iPhone’s display text for better visibility and readability. Here’s a quick guide to adjust display text size on the iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Periodic system updates released by Apple typically offer a number of system enhancements for better iPhone mobile experience. Among these are the extant accessibility features that new iPhones embed.
Depicted below is a step-by-step process of utilizing one of the useful iOS accessibility features that make the iPhone’s display text more visible and readable. Feel free to refer to this guide if you need help making your iPhone’s display text larger or smaller.
- To begin, launch the iOS settings app. Simply tap on the gear-shaped icon on your iPhone's Home screen.
Alternatively, you can swipe right through the App library then tap on the gear-shaped icon to open Settings.
- While in the settings menu, scroll down then tap Accessibility.
Doing so opens the Accessibility menu with relevant options.
- Navigate to the Vision section then tap Display & Text Size.
Accessibility features for vision enhancement will load up next.
- To continue, tap Larger Text. On the next screen, you will see the main toggle to enable larger accessibility sizes.
You can turn that feature on if you want apps that support Dynamic Type will automatically adjust according to your preferred reading size. Otherwise, keep the switch OFF.
- To manually adjust the display text size, scroll down to the bottom section of the screen then drag the slider to the left or right accordingly.
Dragging the slider to the left, reduces the text size and increases when dragged to the right.
Changes to the display text size is real-time and thus, it shows on the screen the moment you drag the slider in either direction.
- There is also an option to make your iPhone's display text appear with more emphasis. To use this feature, just head back to the Display & Text Size menu then enable the Bold Text switch.
Recent font size changes will likewise immediately reflect system-wide and thus, also visible on the Home screen text beneath every app shortcut icon.
- Apple iPhone 14
More Useful iOS Features to Enhance iPhone Display
Aside from text size, you can also make use of other accessibility features to improve your iPhone’s display. Among other relevant features that you can use include button shapes, reduce transparency, increase contrast, smart invert, classic invert and more.
Color filters are also available to aid iPhone users who are color blind and those that are having difficulty identifying colors.
And that’s how you adjust the text size on the Apple iPhone 14 smartphone.