Need help looking up saved passwords on your new special edition iPhone? If so then this post might be able to help you. Here’s a quick guide on how to access and view all saved passwords and accounts on the iPhone SE 2020 handset.
Remembering your Passwords
Setting up a strong password is a recommended practice to ensure account security. This denotes assigning a unique, strong password to all your accounts. By unique and strong means that the password should be complex with lengthy alphanumeric characters. Having said that, there’s likewise a higher chance that you forget them.
To keep track of your passwords and other login information, you can make use of your iPhone’s built-in programs like the Settings app.
Here’s a quick walk-through on how to access passwords in iCloud Keychain on the Apple SE 2020 smartphone.
Easy Steps to Access and View All Saved Accounts and Passwords on your iPhone SE
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The following steps are also applicable to other iOS devices that are running on the same iOS version as that of the iPhone SE 2020. Actual screens and menu items however may vary depending on the device model and service provider.
- When ready, tap the Settings app icon from the Home screen.
Doing so will launch the main settings menu with the list of all basic and advanced iOS features.
- Scroll down to view more items. Then, tap Passwords and Accounts.
The Passwords and Accounts menu opens next.
Here, you will see relevant features such as website and password, auto-fill passwords, fetch new data and other relevant functions.
- Tap Website and App Passwords to continue. If prompted, scan your registered fingerprint or touch ID.
This is important for you to ensure accounts security.
On the next screen, you will see a list of all saved accounts on your device.
- To view the password information for these accounts, simply tap to select the preferred account.
Doing so will pull up the account information including username, password, and website data.
That said, you can take note of the password and then use it to login to your account on that website.
- Once you've noted the password, tap Passwords to return to the previous menu.
You’ll be routed back to the list of saved accounts and passwords on your phone.
- Here, you can modify your account. Simply tap the Edit command located on the upper-rightmost corner.
Doing so will activate the Edit mode and thereby allows you to edit or delete account entries.
- Just tap to select an account that you'd like to edit.
The selected account will be marked with a check before it.
- To cancel editing, tap Cancel on the upper-rightmost corner and then tap Accounts to go back to the main Accounts menu.
The accounts information including passwords will be left as is.
- iOS 13.6.1
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
You can also delete any of the account information that you no longer need. Just select the Delete command after selecting the account on the Edit menu.
Want to Add and Save Another Password?
If you want to add a new password, just go back to Settings-> Passwords & Accounts-> Website & Passwords menu and then authenticate using your Face ID, Touch ID or passcode.
After authenticating access, tap the Plus (+) sign to open the new password entry screen where you can enter the details of the password that you’d like to add. Don’t forget to tap Done so as to save the recent password you’ve entered.
Aside from accounts and passwords, you can also add or save debit or credit card information on your iPhone.
And that covers everything in this quick guide.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
You Might Also Want to Read:
- iOS 13 Tips & Tricks: How To Save Your Password On iPhone
- How to share WiFi password from Mac to iPhone [Tutorials]
- How to recover a forgotten Restrictions Passcode on your iPhone [tutorial]