Apple recently released the final version of the new macOS Catalina. It offers a wide range of new features and app improvements for Apple users to enjoy. One of the significant new features with the new macOS Catalina is the Apple Arcade. It is Apple’s gaming service price at $4.99 per month for a subscription. Mac users can start enjoying the new Apple Arcade only if they’ve already installed and updated to macOS Catalina. Since Apple Arcade requires to be on macOS Catalina, to download the final version of macOS Catalina do these simple steps:
- Check device compatibility: In order to be able to install and update to the latest macOS Catalina, you have to make sure that your Mac device is compatible and supports the Catalina hardware. Not all Mac models are able to to do this. Below are the list of compatible Mac models for macOS Catalina:
- MacBook Pro (mid 2012 onward)
- MacBook Air (mid 2012 onward)
- 12-inch MacBook (early 2015 onward)
- iMac Pro (2017 onward)
- iMac (late 2012 onward)
- Mac Mini (late 2012 onward)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 onward)
2. Backup your device: As with any other major update to a new version on Apple Devices, it is recommended to back up your device before proceeding to install an update. Downloading a major update can involve risks. These risks are often not predictable, that is why to prevent losing your important files along the download process in case problems and errors should occur, back up your data first.
3. Download macOS Catalina from the App Store: macOS Catalina can be searched from the App Store free of charge. To download the new macOS Catalina, go to the App store on your Mac, while on the Search Tab type in macOS Catalina then press Enter. Click on the Install option to begin the download process of macOS Catalina.
If you own an Apple macOS or iPhone or any other Apple products, we will be glad to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. Feel free to contact us using this form. This is a free service that we are offering. We asked however, that when you do contact us, please try to be as detailed as possible about your concern so that we can accurately assess your concern and able to give appropriate solutions.
HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON macOS CATALINA APPLE ARCADE TAB ON MAC APP STORE
Apple Arcade has already been running for Apple users on iOS priced at $699 at Amazon,, iPadOS, iPod Touch and Apple TV devices as well. Apple Arcade on macOS Catalina is at $4.99/month but users will be given a one month free trial for unlimited access. While Apple Arcade have more than 100 new and exciting games to choose from. not every game is available on every platform of Apple devices and other subscription services as well. Good thing about it though is that games can be played in all your devices which means you can always pick up from where you left off in the game using any device you’ve linked your account with.
In macOS Catalina, Apple Arcade tab can be found on the Mac App Store. The version of Apple Arcade on Mac offers almost two dozen or more exciting games. Apple Arcade is divided into seven (7) categories such as Action, Adventure, Family, For Beginners, Platformer, Puzzle, Strategy. You can search for games based on each of the categories according to your personal preferences or choice of game and find something you’ll love.
On Mac, the games on Apple Arcade can be played with the use of a trackpad, a keyboard and a mouse. Also, some of the games supports game controllers that includes PlayStation Dual Shock 4 and Xbox Wireless Controllers on Bluetooth.
By subscribing to the full versions after the free trial, users can enjoy its full access as well as its updated without the need to go through adverts or an additional in-game purchases. The full version allows Family Sharing up to a maximum of six members per family at no additional charge. For now, Apple is still in the process of adding more games every month that includes new action and adventure, as well as racing and strategy games and many more. Another good thing is that the games are downloaded from the internet and not streamed over the net.
Connect with us
If you have any questions & concerns regarding your macOS or iPhone , feel free to connect with us using this form. We will be of help and will provide you with a free technical support. Just make sure to provide us with the details as possible for us to make an accurate assessment and provide you appropriate intervention. Also, do let us know your experience along the way. I look forward to hearing from you.