Now that Apple had released the new macOS Catalina just recently many are wondering and quite curious as to what could Apple has to offer with these new updates. Aside from the new features, it also has improved and enhanced apps as well. One of the new changes with macOS Catalina is being able to easily access your Apple Account via the System Preferences. The new changes regarding Apple Account accessibility are also based on helpful notifications as well as improved security features and an easy access of your purchases made with your account. A very small change on its feature but is considered a useful one too.
Before anything else, to be able to enjoy and have access to Apple Account on macOS Catalina, it is recommended to first update your Mac to the new macOS Catalina. Download the final version of macOS Catalina by doing these simple steps:
- Check device compatibility: most of you are wondering some cannot update to the latest versions. The obvious reason is simply because not all Mac models are compatible and are able of macOS Catalina. Therefore, you have to make sure that your Mac is compatible and supports the new version. Below are the list of compatible Mac for macOS Catalina for your additional information.
- MacBook Pro (mid 2012 onward)
- MacBook Air (mid 2012 onward)
- 12-inch MacBook (early 2015 onward)
- iMac Pro (2017 onward)
- iMac (late 2012 onward)
- Mac Mini (late 2012 onward)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 onward)
2. Backup device: macOS Catalina is a major update of your Apple Device and most major updates often involve risks. To be prepared for the potential risks that might occur during the update process, it is wise to back up your files so than when something unexpected happens you files will be secured and you will be able to retrieve them anytime.
3. Download macOS Catalina from the App Store: Since Apple has not yet made any announcement on the changes with regards to their updates, it is therefore safe to say that macOS Catalina download is still free of charge. To download the new macOS Catalina, proceed to the App store on your Mac, on the Search Tab type in macOS Catalina then press enter. Once update is located, click on the Install option to begin the download process of your macOS Catalina.
If you own an Apple macOS or iPhone or any other Apple products, we will be glad to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. Feel free to contact us using this form. This is a free service that we are offering. We asked however, that when you do contact us, please try to be as detailed as possible about your concern so that we can accurately assess your concern and able to give appropriate solutions
READ ON BELOW ABOUT ACCESS APPLE ACCOUNT ON macOS CATALINA: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Apple ID location: with macOS Catalina, the Apple ID can be accessed and is located at the System Preferences Section. Once you’ve clicked and entered the System Preferences section you will on the top left your current profile picture and account name. Click on the Apple ID icon at the upper right have access to see account details.
Name, Phone, Email: when you click on this section you will see and able to easily review your account details such as your complete name, date of birth, numbers you are contactable at or numbers where you can be reached as well as the email address you can be reached via iMessage. Facetime and Game center. Also in this section you can have the option by placing a check mark if you want to receive announcements such as recommendation and updates about Apple products, its services and software updates. Choose to receive new releases from apps, music and movies, offers and recommendations for apps, TV, books and many more. You will also be able to edit and update your name and date of birth in this section.
Password and Security: In this section in your Apple Account on macOS Catalina, you can change your password if you want to. Below the password, the date of your last password change will appear. Another security feature is the two-factor authentication, you can enable/turn it on if you want your trusted device and phone numbers will be used to verify one’s identity upon signing in.
You will find in this section the phone numbers that you trusts. You can also add another number if you want to for a more added security. These phone numbers are used and considered to be helpful since it is used to verify you when signing in on a different device or from a different browser.
Payment and Shipping: You are allowed to use multiple payment methods if you want. Payment method that are acceptable include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal if you want to make purchases or perhaps subscribe to the services offered by Apple.
For Apple Store purchases, you can also add in these section your complete shipping address that will be used for shipping.
iCloud: you can manage and update your iCloud in this section. Other than that, you can also manage and or upgrade your storage plan anytime for a much bigger and more storage space.
Media’s & Purchases: in this section you will see options whether or not you will require a password for additional purchase after making a purchase from the App store. Options such as Free downloads: require password or never require; and Purchases and In-app Purchases: Always require, require after 15 minutes and never require. In here you can also manage your subscriptions.
View all Devices: if you have two or more Apple devices, you can view in his section with the same Apple Account signed on.
Family Sharing: most of us tend to share with our family members at home. In this section you find and view the subscriptions you are sharing with your family. You can add a family member to share services and stay connected with each other. A maximum of 5 family members can be invited to join. Apple Music Subscriptions, iCloud Storage plan are some of the apps you can share to them.
If you do not want to share with your family member, there is also an option located at the lower right to turn off family sharing.
Connect with us
If you have any questions & concerns regarding your macOS or iPhone , feel free to connect with us using this form. We will be of help and will provide you with a free technical support. Just make sure to provide us with the details as possible for us to make an accurate assessment and provide you appropriate intervention. Also, do let us know your experience along the way. I look forward to hearing from you.