This context demonstrates the proper way of removing and inserting the SIM card on the new Apple iPhone XS Max handset. If you’re an iOS newbie and has the iPhone XS Max as newly accrued Apple device, then this post may help you. Read on for more information.
Before removing the SIM card, be sure to turn your iPhone off. Turning the phone off before removing the SIM card is highly recommended to prevent causing any sort of damage to the SIM card or the device itself. Then proceed with these steps to properly remove the SIM card:
- While the phone is powered off, insert the SIM eject tool into the provided slot (tiny hole) on the SIM card tray located on the right edge of your device. You can also use a small paperclip as alternative in case you don’t have the SIM eject tool on hand.
- Gently push the eject tool until the tray protrudes.
- Pull the card tray out then remove the SIM card.
After removing the SIM card, push the tray back into the phone then lock it in place. Then you can turn your iPhone back on.
If you would want to re-insert the SIM card, simply follow these steps:
Open the SIM card slot by insert the SIM eject tool into the provided slot on the right edge of the phone.
- Push the eject tool until the tray pops out then carefully pull it out.
- When inserting the SIM card, make sure that the carrier logo and SIM card number are on the bottom and the gold contacts facing up.
- Secure the SIM card into the slot then insert the SIM card tray.
- Press in on the tray to lock it into place.
Once the tray is locked, you can turn your iPhone back on again. Give it a few seconds until it detects and reads the SIM card and establishes cellular network signal.
If you encounter any trouble with the SIM card like when your iPhone is not detecting your SIM card, then try reinstalling it or simply remove then re-insert the SIM card. Also make sure that the SIM card is properly placed or positioned in the right way.
You can also browse for some troubleshooting guides on how to deal with SIM-card related errors on the iPhone XS Max. Just visit this site’s troubleshooting page for that matter.
Don’t hesitate to contact your service provider or carrier if you suspect that the SIM card is damaged. In that case, you can request for a new SIM card replacement.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!