Today, let’s unbox a new Apple iPad Air 3. What I have here is the Wi-Fi only model, which is a bit cheaper than the Cellular and WiFi model. The Apple iPad Air 3 is well-packed and well-protected inside the box. The moment you take off the lid, you will immediately see the unit.
First, we have the Lightning to USB Cable. It serves as both the charging and data transfer cable.
Next we have the small white envelope that contains the user manual and Apple sticker.
Lastly, we have the USB Power Adapter or the charger which is wrapped in protective film.
The main unit is also wrapped in a protective film that you can easily get rid of.
Now, it’s time to turn on the iPad Air 3. To do so, press and hold the Top Button or the Power key for a couple of seconds or until the Apple logo shows on the screen.
During the first boot, you will be asked to setup your iPad Air 3 and first thing you have to select is the language.
Setting up Apple iPad Air 3
Unlike Android, you won’t be able to use your iOS device without first setting it up with your Apple ID. So, in this video, I will walk you through in setting up your new iPad to make it sure and that you’ll be able to use it. Here’s what you need to do…
- Press and hold the top button or power key for 3 seconds to turn the iPad on.
- Select your language.
- In Quick Start screen, tap Set Up Manually.
- Before you can continue the setup, you need to connect your iPad to the Internet. So, choose your network and enter your password. Tap Join to connect.
- Once your device is connected to the network, tap Next to proceed with the set up.
- It may take several seconds before your iPad Air 3 can connect to the network so wait until it does.
- In Data and Privacy screen, tap Continue. If you may, you can read the information on the screen as well.
- You will be prompted to set up your Touch ID. You can set it up in Settings later so it’s better to just skip it for now. Tap Set Up Touch ID Later and then tap Don’t Use.
- Now, it’s required that you create a Passcode so enter your preferred combination of numbers and confirm it.
- In the next screen, Touch Set Up as New iPad.
- Now, enter your Apple ID and the password and tap Next to login.
- In Apple ID Security, touch Other options and then choose Don’t update. You can use the 2-factor authentication later if you want to.
- Agree to Apple’s terms and conditions.
- In Express Settings screen, tap Continue.
- You will then be prompted to enable auto update, you can do that later in Settings so tap Install Updates Manually.
- In Apple Pay screen, tap Set Up Later in Settings.
- If you don’t want to set up iCloud Keychain, tap Don’t Use iCloud Keychain.
- The next thing to setup is Siri, which you can also set up later. If you don’t want to set it up now, then tap Set Up Later in Settings and the same with Screen Time.
- In App Analytics, choose Don’t Share.
- The True Tone Display however, is necessary so tap Continue.
- The next screens will show you quick tips on how to use your iPad’s features and functions. Just tap on Continue on every screen.
- When you see Welcome to iPad, that’s the sign that the set up has been successful and is now finished. Tap Get Started to continue to the Home screen.
After doing all these steps, you can now use your new Apple iPad Air 3. Change some settings to make it work the way you want.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.