The iPhone error code 9 is an error that usually occurs when you update or restore your iPhone using iTunes. This happens when the phone cannot communicate with iTunes for one reason or another. When this happens you will usually see this message on the phone screen “The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (9)”. Listed below are the recommended troubleshooting steps that you need to perform for this particular problem.
How To Fix iPhone Error 9
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed in your computer.
- Force restart your device. Please refer to online guides on how to force restart your particular model.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.
If the issue persists then proceed with the additional troubleshooting steps listed below.
- Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
- Temporarily disable the security software of your computer
- Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
- Try to restore your device on another computer.
In case the above steps does not fix the problem then you should contact the Apple support group regarding this matter.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.