There are many possible reasons as to why you would experience slow browsing issue on your iPhone. It could be due to a network problem, browser issue, server errors, website problem, and software glitches on the phone. There are also other instances wherein a faulty network equipment (wireless router or modem) and hardware-related issues on the phone are to blame.
Tackled in this post is an issue on slow browsing affecting the iPhone 7 Plus smartphone. If you own this device and are dealing with the same problem on Internet browsing that’s so sluggish, then you may refer to the following solutions. Read on to learn more.
Now, before anything else, if you have other issues with your phone, make sure you drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already provided solutions to hundreds of problems reported by our readers. Odds are that we may have already provided a solution to the problem you currently have so try to find issues that are similar with yours on that page and feel free to use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance, fill up our iPhone issues questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
How to troubleshoot iPhone 7 Plus with slow browsing issue
To make sure that the problem is not isolated to a browser, try to use a different browser app. For example, if you’re experiencing slow Internet browsing with the Safari browser, try to switch to other browser like Google Chrome app or other alternatives. If the problem does not occur while using other apps, then it’s a browser issue. In that case, you can try all applicable solutions to clear any errors on the browser app you’re using. Otherwise, troubleshoot your iPhone system.
First solution: Clear the browser app.
To rule out browser issue from the underlying cause, clearing the browser app can help. This will rectify any minor errors that might have caused the browser app to glitch and load searches and website inputs very slowly. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press the Home button twice quickly. Doing so will launch a new screen containing a list of recently used apps that aren’t closed.
- Swipe up on your browser app’s preview to force close or clear individual apps. Do the same to clear the rest of background apps. This can help eliminate errors caused by other background apps that have gone rogue.
Aside from clearing the app, you can also clear the browser app’s cache and data. The methods may vary depending on the type of browser you’re using. If you’re using Safari, follow these steps to clear history and website data from the app:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- Tap the option to Clear History and Website Data. This will delete your browsing history, website logins, and other relevant information.
- Tap the option to confirm action and then exit/quit all browser screens.
Launch the Safari app browser again and then see how it works. You can also clear history and website data on an iOS Chrome browser.
Second solution: Restart your iPhone (soft reset).
A soft reset or device restart clears minor software glitches that might have caused the browser app to become erratic. It also dumps cache and data from the memory, which is essential to speed up performance on your iOS device. To soft reset your iPhone 7 Plus, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off command appears.
- Then drag the power off slider to the right to shut down your iPhone completely.
- After 30 seconds, press the Power button again until the Apple logo appears.
You don’t have to back up files before performing a soft reset as it won’t affect any data stored on the internal memory. Rest assured, you won’t lose any personal files in the process.
Third solution: Turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
Your iPhone’s Wi-Fi system can also encounter errors and glitches at some point. And when this happens, adverse symptoms are likely to instigate. One of these symptoms is slow browsing. In this case, the simplest way to rectify the error is to turn Wi-Fi off and then on again. Here’s how:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn the feature off for a few seconds, and then tap to turn on again.
Alternatively, you can also turn Airplane mode on for a few seconds and then turn it off.
- To do so, head to Settings-> Airplane mode menu and then tap the switch next to Airplane mode to enable and disable the feature. Or you can access the Control Center and then tap the Airplane mode icon.
Wireless services including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are automatically disabled when Airplane mode is on. This trick has already done wonders to many people who have encounter minor network issues including from slow Internet browsing to no Internet at all.
Fourth solution: Forget Wi-Fi network then reconnect.
The problem may persist if a corrupted Wi-Fi network is to blame. In this case, deleting and re-adding the Wi-Fi network on your iPhone would be necessary. Doing so will allow your device to connect to the network as if it’s the first time it does. Follow these steps to do so:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap to enable Wi-Fi if necessary.
- Tap the information “i” icon next to the name of the Wi-Fi network in use.
- Then select the option to Forget this network.
- Tap the option to confirm action.
- Then restart your iPhone
If that won’t help either, then you can try performing a network settings reset instead. This will erase all network configurations on the phone and allows you to set up Internet connection and re-connect to Wi-Fi. Here’s how:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select Reset network settings from the given options.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Then tap to confirm settings reset.
Your iPhone will automatically restart when the reset is finished. Once it has restarted, you can proceed with the network setup process and reconnect to Wi-Fi.
Fifth solution: Update your iPhone software to the latest version available.
Installing the latest iOS version available for your iPhone can be the key to fixing the problem if it has something to do with system bugs and malware. Software updates also offer security features to get rid of any bugs and malware that might have caused some tough issues on the iPhone including Internet issues. Here’s how to check for available OTA updates on your iPhone:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
Follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to complete the iOS update download and installation.
Alternatively, you can use iTunes to manually update your iPhone on a computer. This would be the best option if wireless update downloading isn’t possible due to a very slow Internet connection on your device. To do this, you will need to use a Windows or Mac computer with the latest version of iTunes software installed. Then connect your iPhone using the supplied USB connector or Lightning cable. Once your iPhone is recognized in iTunes, just follow the onscreen commands to update your iPhone 7 Plus to the latest version of iOS available.
Performing a factory reset can also be considered among the last options if you suspect that the problem is attributed to system errors, bugs and malware. This reset however will delete all data from your device, thus you may have to lose personal information in the process. If you still want to continue, then be sure to back up critical data to iCloud or iTunes.
If none of that helps, try to reboot (power cycle) your network. Doing so will help clear firmware issues on the network equipment that might have caused slow browsing problem on your devices.
Alternatively, you can contact your Internet service provider or carrier to verify your account status. Some carriers would limit or cap the amount of data for accounts with unsettled issues and/or bills. As a result, you won’t be getting the same browsing speed that you’re subscribed to. Also check and ensure that there are no ongoing outages that might have affected network services and eventually caused slow browsing problem.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to read:
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Performance Issue: Why is my iPhone 7 Plus very slow? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone 7 Plus that is not responding or gets stuck after installing iOS version 11.4 update [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix iPhone 7 Plus Instagram app that keeps crashing or not loading properly after updating iOS [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Whatsapp that doesn’t load, keeps crashing after updating iOS on iPhone 7 Plus [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Snapchat that stops working, keeps crashing on iPhone 7 Plus after updating iOS [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to troubleshoot iPhone 7 Plus with slow browsing issue