Pandora is an app for streaming radio service for iOS devices. If you’re a music lover and keen on a more traditional radio experience, then Pandora Music could be the best app for you. But wait, this app can give in to random issues too. In that case, you will need to troubleshoot the app. To give you more inputs, I have mapped out some helpful workarounds and potential solutions to a problem on the Pandora app that keeps crashing or won’t load on an iPhone X. Feel free to refer to this walkthrough when needed.
Before anything else, if you have other issues with your device, try to browse through our troubleshooting page as we’ve already addressed several issues with this device. Odds are that we’ve already published a post that tackles similar problems. Try finding issues that have similar symptoms with what you currently have and feel free to use the solutions we’ve suggested. If they don’t work for you or if you still need our help, then fill up our questionnaire and hit submit to contact us.
First solution: Quit the app then restart your iPhone X.
Apps may succumb into random issues due to several factors. Nonetheless, most of these are minor issues that can easily be dealt with by restarting the errant application. If this is the first time your Pandora music app acts up, force close or quit the app and then restart your iPhone X. Here’s how:
- Swipe up from the bottom to the middle of your Home screen and hold until the App Switcher shows up.
- Swipe left or right to locate the Pandora app preview.
- Firmly touch and hold the Pandora app, and then tap the minus (-) icon to clear or end the app.
- Alternatively, you can swipe up to close the app as soon as the minus (-) icon shows up on the screen.
If you see other apps running in the background, then you might as well consider quitting these apps to prevent any of them from causing conflict with the Pandora app. Aside from using up battery and internal memory space, background apps can also cause problems when they crashed. After quitting the Pandora app and other background apps, restart your iPhone to clear and refresh the system. You can do the usual reboot or perform a force restart if necessary. The latter would be needed if your iPhone X screen is unresponsive when the app crashes. Here’s how it’s done:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Power/Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Allow your iPhone to finish booting up then try to launch the Pandora app and see if the problem is fixed. If not, then move onto the next applicable solution.
- How to fix YouTube app that keeps crashing on your iPhone X [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Messenger that keeps crashing or stops working on your iPhone X after installing a new iOS update (easy steps)
- How to fix Gmail app that keeps crashing or not working properly on your Apple iPhone X (easy steps)
- How to fix Twitter that keeps crashing, not working stable on your Apple iPhone X (easy steps)
- How to fix Netflix that keeps crashing or not working on your iPhone X (easy steps)
Second solution: Update Pandora app, if available.
App updates are periodically rolled out to address any glitch and transpiring errors from certain bugs and malware. While your device can be set to automatically install updates, there are times when certain updates won’t install unless manually triggered. To check for any pending app updates on your iPhone X, follow these steps:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen. Doing so will open the App Store Main screen.
- Scroll to the bottom right of the App Store Main screen then tap the Updates icon. A list of apps with pending updates then populates the screen.
- Find Pandora then tap the Update button next to it.
- If multiple app updates are available, then tap the Update All button instead. Doing so will install all app updates simultaneously.
Perform a soft reset or restart your iPhone X when the updates are completely installed. This is recommended to ensure that the recently installed software update is properly implemented, thus prevent the device system from misbehaving.
Third solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone X.
The way apps behave can also be inflicted by invalid settings on the phone. If you’ve changed or modified your device settings and options before the Pandora app misbehaves, then it’s likely the root cause. In that case, reverting the settings back to their previous configuration helps. But if you couldn’t figure out what exactly has changed and caused such trouble with the Pandora app, then you can just reset all settings on your iPhone X with these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to and tap Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Then tap to confirm system settings reset.
Unlike a factory reset, this reset won’t affect any data saved in the internal memory so you won’t lose any information from doing so. However, you will need to set up and enable necessary features including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to use them again on your device.
Fourth solution: Uninstall then reinstall Pandora app on your iPhone X.
The problem can be that complex if it persists after performing all prior methods. If you end up having the same issue, the app might have been totally corrupted and needs to be reinstalled. This denotes the need to delete the Pandora app first. Here’s how:
- Tap and hold on any app icon from the Home screen.
- When the icons start to jiggle, tap the X in the corner of the Pandora icon to uninstall the app.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
After deleting the app, restart your iPhone X (soft reset) to refresh the system and internal memory. Once you’re device has restarted, re-install the Pandora app with these steps:
- Tap App Store to launch the app.
- From the App Store Main Screen, tap the Search icon (magnifying glass figure).
- Type Pandora in the search bar then select the Pandora app from the search results.
- Tap the Get button or Cloud icon to download and install the Pandora app.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password to authorized and confirm app installation.
When the app is completely installed, restart your iPhone X to ensure that the new software is properly implemented and likewise to clear the internal memory. Then test to see if the recently installed Pandora app is loading and working properly.
If none of the aforementioned solutions worked and the Pandora app is still crashing or not loading on your iPhone X, then try restarting your Wi-Fi Internet connection. Doing so will rule network connectivity issue out from the probable cause. Pandora may not be able to work as intended if your iPhone has no Internet connection. The same thing if the Internet connection is not stable or intermittent. In that case, you will need to deal with network connectivity issues first.
Seek more help
You may report the issue to the Pandora Music help center and request further assistance in performing more advanced troubleshooting procedures. There might be some advanced app settings that need to be configured to make the app work smoothly on your iPhone X. If that won’t help either, then you may have to consider using alternative music apps instead.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the new Apple iPhone 7 smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone 7. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
Posts you may also like to check out:
- How to fix an iPhone X that cannot access Internet even if connected to Wi-Fi network? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix an iPhone X that is responding to touch inputs very slowly, delayed touchscreen response [Troubleshooting Guide]
- What to do when your Apple iPhone X won’t charge or charging very slow? [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How To Properly Take Care Of Your iPhone X Battery For Maximum Lifespan
- How to fix an iPhone X that is stuck on black screen of death, doesn’t power on (easy steps)