This #iPhone7 article answers some voice calling and network issues. We hope you’ll find it helpful. We’ll be posting more of the same articles in the coming days so for those who are experiencing iPhone 7 issues, keep watching.
If you are looking for solutions to your own #iOS issue, you can contact us by using the link provided at the bottom of this page.
When describing your issue, please be as detailed as possible so we can easily pinpoint a relevant solution. If you can, kindly include the exact error messages you are getting to give us an idea where to start. If you have already tried some troubleshooting steps before emailing us, make sure to mention them so we can skip them in our answers.
Below are specific topics we’re bringing for you today:
Problem 1: iPhone 7 sound disappears during calls, no sound for music or videos
Hello Sir. The issue in my phone occur intermittently (once in a day or two). Whenever I make a call neither the receiver nor me can hear any voice but it works well and fine in loud speaker. The weirdest thing about this issue is that upon restarting the device the issues go away and everything appears fine.
When the above mentioned issue appears neither the music nor videos makes any sound. And sometimes the issue is followed by a jarring sound on call with any voice.
I bought my iPhone just a month ago. And i started getting the issue in just a week so I send it for repair. After all trouble Apple changed my complete display. still it didn’t help. So they replaced my phone with new iPhone. But the problem didn’t end here. I discovered that the new one which I got with different serial no and IMEI has the same problem. Now I don’t want to go to Apple service center. Help me I tried— Completing changing the IOS as we Current IOS is 10.3.3 Device model- Iphone 6S Plus 32 GB Rosegold Regards. — Ammongrg
Solution: Hi Ammongrg. If the same exact problem occurred on the replacement phone, there’s strong possibility that one of your apps is to blame. To check, wipe the phone completely before you set it up again. Here’s how:
- Open Settings
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- Set the phone up again.
Now that you’ve wiped the phone clean, be sure not to install anything. In this state, the phone’s software runs the latest and updated version. Since there are no third party apps installed, it’s completely clean. This is the right time to replicate the issue. There are only two possible outcomes here, either the issue returns or not. If the calling problem remains, it means that there’s either a problem with the network, or there’s a phone-specific issue that remains undetected by Apple. If you can’t replicate the issue though, that means that our suspicion is correct. You should screen your apps to see which of them is the culprit.
Problem 2: iPhone 7 microphone not working when in video chat, caller can’t hear
When I use my phone to call, no one can hear me. I use Facetime, SnapChat video. I can hear and talk properly. Brought it in to get checked. The repair man said microphone worked and it was a software problem. Help!!! — Joshua
Solution: Hi Joshua. Does the problem occur when you’re in a regular voice call? If it does, you must do some drastic software solutions like the Erase All Content and Settings option we recommend above, or a full Restore. Any of these two solutions should fix whatever software solution you’re having. To do a full restore, kindly do the following steps:
- Create a backup of your files. You can do that in a number of ways but the fastest and most effective way is by using iTunes in your PC or Mac. If you don’t want to create a backup at all, you can simply erase everything on the phone by following the steps in this link.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with the cable that came with your phone.
- We assume you remember your phone’s passcode so simply enter it when you’re prompted for it.
- Select your iPhone once iTunes asks you for the specific device.
- Once you’re in the Summary panel or screen, select the option that will restore your device (Restore).
- Confirm by clicking on Restore
- Wait for a few moments while iTunes restores your device to its factory settings. It may also take some time if iTunes will need to install an updated operating system version.
- After this factory reset, all software settings should be restored to their defaults.
To check if your phone’s microphone is working, you can do these steps:
- Find the Voice Memos app and open it.
- Tap the record button to let your iPhone’s microphone capture any sound. We suggest that you try to record your voice as if you’re simulating a call.
- When done recording, tap the red record button again.
- Tap Done.
- Name the recorded sound with anything you like.
- Now that you have saved it, try to tap on the file and listen to it. If you hear nothing or simply static, you can bet the microphone is not working. In this case, you have to return your phone and demand for a new one.
In case you’re only having a problem when using Facetime and Snapchat, that may suggest that your internet connection, whether you’re using mobile data or wifi, is poor. Make sure that you are connected in a strong network while doing video chat.
Problem 3: iPhone 7 will not connect to cellular network
My iPhone 6 will not connect to my cellular service. It is staying in search mode. I’ve turned it off several times, put it into airplane mode, and turned cellular service on and off. Even turned on roaming and nothing. — Michael
Solution: Hi Michael. Did you do something different before this issue started? For example, if the issue occurred after installing an app or update, undoing it may be a fix.
If the issue appeared out of nowhere though and nothing different was done days leading to when you first noticed it first, there may be an operating system glitch behind it. Consider resetting the all settings first to see what happens. If you haven’t tried it yet, here’s how to do it:
- From the Home screen, go to Settings>General>Reset.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
- If presented, enter the passcode.
- Tap Reset All Settings to confirm.
If a reset of all settings won’t change anything try a full restore. This will force the phone update the software and eliminate possible operating system glitch.
If a full restore won’t work either, there must be a hardware malfunction behind the problem. Contact Apple for additional support.
Problem 4: iPhone 7 can’t make or receive calls or send or receive SMS when inside a building
I recently moved to Florida for college and my phone went out and it said no service and three minutes later my bars came up but i couldn’t make any calls or receive any calls. I reset my phone and did everything i could but no change. I went outside and i could receive calls and dial out. — Ashanti
Solution: Hi Ashanti. If the phone’s network functions (voice calling, SMS, MMS) work fine when you’re outside, then the problem is most probably caused by poor signal reception. That means that there’s no phone or network issue at all.
It’s also possible that the building may have some signal blocking mechanism that prevents cellular services from working. Try asking other users in the same building if they experience the same issue.
Problem 5: iPhone 7 with GPP LTE SIM card can’t connect to network
Hi. I live in the Philippines and my phone is locked at Telus. I contacted Telus and they’re asking for the number registered at Telus. However, I dont know the number since I just bought it thru someone. I used GPP/RSIM on my phone, the signal worked for 2 days only after that the signal went on searching. I restored and update it using itunes sand still my signal isn’t back when I tried using the GPP LTE SIM. What seems to be the problem? Everything is working, just the signal. Hope you could help me. I can’t use my phone for months now. 🙁 Thank you for the help. — Charie
Solution: Hi Charie. Some carriers don’t support alternative SIM cards like GPP LTE so make sure to contact your carrier for first hand information. An issue like this is most likely network-related so the best thing that you can do is to talk to a technical support team of your carrier to gather accurate information.
We know that some iPhones running GPP SIM cards may suddenly lose network settings that were working initially after updating the software. If you tried to install an iOS update before encountering the problem, there may be a need to reconfigure the device so it can work with your carrier’s network again.
We don’t know how or who configured your device so it’s up to you to figure it out.
Engage with us
If you happen to have a problem with your own iPhone, let us know about it and we will do our best to post them and their solutions in our upcoming articles. You can use this link to contact us for assistance. We can’t guarantee an answer to every question but rest assured that we will exhaust everything on our end to help you.
Be as detailed as possible when describing your problem to help us diagnose your issue easily. If you can include error messages, popups, attempted troubleshooting steps, and circumstances leading to the problem, that would be very helpful.
- Problem 1: iPhone 7 sound disappears during calls, no sound for music or videos
- Problem 2: iPhone 7 microphone not working when in video chat, caller can’t hear
- Problem 3: iPhone 7 will not connect to cellular network
- Problem 4: iPhone 7 can’t make or receive calls or send or receive SMS when inside a building
- Problem 5: iPhone 7 with GPP LTE SIM card can’t connect to network
- Engage with us