Welcome to our troubleshooting series dedicated to the iPhone 6 Plus. In this latest installment we will tackle issues related to the Touch ID of the device not working. Although this is not a widespread and common issue there are however instances where owners of this phone are experiencing this.
If you own this particular model then I suggest you read on and even bookmark this page for your future reference.
If you own an iPhone or any other iPhone model for that matter then feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concern that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do send us an email try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
iPhone 6+ Touch ID Not Recognizing Fingerprint
Problem: I bought my Iphone 6plus just 3 weeks ago. During the past 2 weeks, there is no problem at all with my phone. It works all well except that the setup of Touch ID was a little bit harder than I expected. I did not noticed that my touch ID got problem until one day I try to unlock screen using my finger print. I succeeded 1 or 2 out of 10 times. I have tried every ways to recover it. Because I assumed it might be software problem. So i upgrade to new IOS 8.3 and I also set up Touch ID all over again but it did not work well also. Usually after i set up again in setting for new finger print, the Touch ID work well for about 10 minutes. And after I put my phone in sleep for over ten minutes. It failed to recognize my finger print and after that it all failed until I have to run all over the procedure again (delete old finger print and create new one ). I do compare with others 6 plus from my friends and it works very well. I was very frustrated about the touch ID since it is one of the useful features in Iphone 6 PLus. Are there any ones encounter same problem like me. And could you please help me how to fix this.
Solution: Upgrading the phone software is one of the best ways to fix the issue since the new software comes with bug fixes and improvements. In this case however the issue still remains. The next step that you should do is to back up your phone data and restore your phone to its original settings.
Before restoring your phone
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Use iTunes to back up your device. Transfer and sync any additional content to your computer.
- If you’re using iOS 6 or later, go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone.
To restore your phone
- Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with it.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary panel, click Restore.
- lick Restore again to confirm that you want to restore your device to factory settings and delete all data and content. iTunes will download the device software file and restore your device.
- After your device is restored to factory settings, it will restart. When it does, you’ll see the “Slide to set up” welcome screen. Follow the steps in the device Setup Assistant. You can set up your device as new or use a previous backup. If you restored an iOS device that has cellular service, it will activate after you finish setting up your device.
Don’t install any apps just yet after this. Setup the Touch ID first and observe if the issue still persists.
If the issue still occurs then this may already be hardware related. Contact Apple support regarding this matter. You may have to bring your phone to the nearest Apple Store for further checking.
iPhone 6+ Touch ID Not Working
Problem: My touch id hasnt been working lately, i updated to ios 8.1 and it still worked, just about 3 days ago it recognizes my finger print about 1 out of 8 times, also when i try to add another finger print it says that it is undetectable, ive tried with multiple fingers and other people and it still says it can’t, nothing else seems to be wrong with the phone just this.
Solution: Here’s what you need to do for this type of issue as suggested by Apple.
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.*
- Cover the Home button completely. Don’t tap too quickly, don’t press down hard, and don’t move your finger while Touch ID is scanning. Make sure that your finger touches the metal ring around the Home button.
- If you’re using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn’t cover the Home button or the surrounding ring. If it does, remove the case or screen protector and try again.
- Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on. Also make sure that you’ve enrolled one or more fingerprints.
- Try enrolling a different finger.
- If you can’t enroll any of your fingers, take your device to an Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare for help.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to email us at email@example.com. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.