This post will walk you through manually entering your eSIM information on the new iPhone 14 series. Here’s a quick guide to set up eSIM on Apple iPhone 14.
The use of eSIM in modern smartphones is now becoming a trend. As a matter of fact, more and more carriers worldwide are now gradually rolling out eSIM plans to eligible subscribers. With an eSIM (digital SIM) subscription, you can activate a mobile data plan from your network provider without having to utilize a physical nano-SIM card.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 5 minutes
If your network provider offers eSIM plans together with your recently procured iPhone 14 but hasn't assigned it to your device digitally at the time of purchase, then you can manually set it up instead.
Before you proceed, make sure that you’ve already secured all the important eSIM details. If you haven’t already, contact your carrier to get the eSIM information that you need to enter on your device.
Once you’ve got everything ready, you may go ahead and proceed with these steps to add and set up your iPhone’s eSIM plan manually.
- To begin, tap Settings from the Home screen or Apps Library.
Doing so launches the iOS settings app with all preloaded features and system services.
- Tap Cellular to proceed.
The Cellular settings menu opens next.
- While in the Cellular settings menu, scroll down to the Carrier Services section.
Beneath the SIM PIN and SIM Applications options, you will see the option to add an eSIM.
- To continue, tap Add eSIM. The Cellular setup wizard will load up next.
Wait for the Cellular Setup wizard to finish loading up then proceed to the next step.
- If your carrier gives you a QR Code, select the option to use QR Code. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the QR code scanning.
To ensure successful scanning, be sure to position the QR code from your carrier in the provided frame.
- If you don't have a QR code, then you will need to manually enter the required information, particularly the activation code on your device. Simply tap the option to Manually enter details located at the bottom of the screen, then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions.
The activation code and other necessary information will be provided by your carrier so be sure to have them ready.
- The Activation Code window opens next.
Type in the activation information provided by your carrier to the provided text fields then follow the rest of the onscreen instructions to finish setting up your eSIM.
- Apple iPhone 14
Having an eSIM offers a lot of benefits especially when you travel abroad as it provides more security than the physical SIM card as it couldn’t be removed from your device whenever you lose it.
The new iPhone 14 series and other iPhone models that support eSIM can store at least 8 or more eSIMs that you can access and use whenever needed.
Not all iPhones support eSIM though. Among the models that have a eSIM feature are the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR and later.
iPhone eSIM setup failed?
In order to successfully set up an eSIM, your iPhone must have a stable internet connection. Thus, verify and ensure that your iPhone is connected to an active and stable Wi-Fi network.
Performing basic tweaks like turning Airplane mode on and off and restarting the phone can also help.
Also ensure that the phone number that you’re trying to activate is shown in the iPhone’s cellular settings.
- To check on this, just navigate to Settings-> Cellular menu then see if your number is shown.
If you’re still unable to set up eSIM to your iPhone manually, you may contact your carrier to seek help in eSIM activation. Also ask your carrier to check your account to see if your iPhone is provisioned with an active cellular plan and eSIM.
And that’s it!