When a smartphone like the iPhone SE 2020 is stuck on a black screen and would no longer respond, it can be a sign of a rather minor problem, or it can be due to a physical damage. Everything depends on how the problem started. But assuming there are no signs of physical or liquid damage, then there’s a couple of things you can do to try and fix the problem.
Basically, what you need to do is try to force reboot your device. Most of the time, such a procedure is enough to fix the problem. Continue reading to learn how to do this trick. I hope that this post will be able to help you.
First solution: Force Restart your iPhone Stuck on Black Screen
Most of the time, when a high-end smartphone like the iPhone gets stuck on a black and unresponsive screen, it’s due to a firmware crash. You can fix it by doing the forced restart.
- To do so, quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the volume down button.
- Immediately after that, press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds. This will force the phone to boot up.
- When the Apple logo shows, release the power key and wait until your iPhone finishes the reboot.
In most cases, this procedure will fix the problem. So if you’re able to make the logo show on the screen, that’s a sign that the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Charge and do the forced restart
However, if your iPhone remains unresponsive and stuck on a black screen, what you need to do next is charge it and do the forced restart while it’s connected to the charger. Here’s how:
- Plug the charger to a working wall outlet and connect your iPhone to it using the original cable.
- Regardless of whether the iPhone shows the charging sign or not, leave it connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, do the forced restart again while the iPhone is still connected to the charger.
If the problem is just due to a minor issue caused by the new update, then it should be booting up by now.
But if your iPhone SE is still stuck on the black screen of death after doing these procedures, then the problem can be with the hardware. With that, you need to have the device checked.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or the other.
Please support us by subscribing to our channel and enabling the notifications. Thanks for watching!
- How to Set up and Manage Text Replacement on Apple iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone SE Connected To WiFi Network But Has No Internet Access
- How to Clear Browsing History and Internet Data on Apple iPhone SE 2020