This post will help you access the iOS settings menu where you can clear browsing history and internet data on the Apple iPhone SE 2020 smartphone. Read on for more detailed instructions.
Benefits of clearing browsing history, internet cache and cookies
Your browser keeps a history of all the websites you have visited and thereby makes previously accessed websites run faster. While this yields some positive benefits at first, it can likewise result in some browsing issues over time. Among the relevant issues include error logging in or failure to bring up websites. Other problems that could manifest due to some corrupt internet files include slow and intermittent browsing experience. To prevent all these from transpiring, clearing browser cookies, cache, history and internet data is recommended on a regular basis.
There are different ways to clear browsing data on every device and that would depend on which type of browser is being used.
In this quick tutorial, I will walk you through deleting all browsing history and internet data on the new iPhone’s stock iOS Safari browser.
Easy Steps to Clear Browsing History and Internet Data on iPhone SE 2020 Safari App
Time Needed : 8 minutes
The following steps can also be applied when clearing the Safari app’s browsing history and website data on other iPhone models that run on the same iOS version as the iPhone SE 2020. Individual screenshots are likewise provided to aid those who aren’t yet familiar with the iOS platform.
- To get started, go to the Home screen and then tap the Settings icon.
Doing so will launch the main settings menu of your phone.
Here, you will see a list of all the iOS features along with their respective settings for you to configure.
- Scroll down and then tap Safari.
The Safari menu opens on the next screen.
- Scroll down again to view more items. Then, tap the Clear History and Website Data option.
A pop up message will show up beneath the display.
- Read and review the message prompt then tap the option to clear History and Data.
Doing so will trigger the browser to remove all browsing history, cookies and other browsing data it stores.
- You can also clear browsing history and internet data from the advanced Safari settings.
Just scroll down to the bottom of the screen and then tap Advanced.
A new window opens with the advanced settings.
- Tap Website Data to proceed.
On the next screen you will see temporary internet files stored on the browser.
The information stored in this section may vary depending on the websites and pages you've previously visited.
- There are two ways for you to clear website data. You can either tap the option to Remove All Website Data or tap Edit on the upper-rightmost corner of the screen.
Tapping on Edit will show up a list of Website Data.
By doing so, you can execute individual deletion by tapping on the minus sign before each data entry and then tap the Delete button to confirm.
- To delete all website data at once, tap the command to Remove all website data instead.
Doing so will open a pop up menu.
- Read the on screen information and then tap Remove Now to confirm action.
All website data, including browsing history, cookies and cache that are stored on the Safari browser are then deleted.
- iOS 13.6
- Apple iPhone SE 2020
Cannot Delete Browsing History and Website Data?
If for some reason, you are unable to clear browsing history in Safari, verify and ensure that content and privacy restrictions are disabled on your device. Installing any available iOS updates can also help, especially if software bugs and glitches are to blame.
If none of that works, then performing an iPhone restart, reset, or system restore can be deemed among the last options.
To view more comprehensive tutorials and troubleshooting videos on different mobile devices, feel free to visit The Droid Guy channel on YouTube anytime.
Hope this helps!
You Might Also Want to Read:
- How to fix Safari that keeps prompting 403 Forbidden error on an Apple iPad Pro 2018
- How to fix an iPhone 11 that has slow internet connection after updating to iOS 13.2.3
- How to fix your iPhone 11 with very slow internet connection, slow browsing issue
- How To Fix iPhone 11 Pro That Has No Internet Access But Connected To Wi-Fi Network