This post will walk you through activating an iOS feature that automatically adjusts your iPhone’s display to the warmer end of the spectrum for easier screen viewing. Here’s a quick guide to enable night shift on the iPhone 14 series.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Night Shift is Apple’s very own version of Eye Comfort Shield and they call it Night Shift. When enabled, the color of the iPhone’s display will automatically become warmer during night time and return to its normal display settings during daytime.
If you’re new to iOS and wondering how to access and activate this feature on your recently purchased iPhone 14 device, feel free to use this guide as reference.
- To begin, launch the iOS Settings app by tapping on the gear-shaped icon from the Home screen or App library of your iPhone.
The iOS settings menu will load up next with available inbuilt system apps and services.
- Scroll to find then tap Display & Brightness.
Another screen opens with a list of display-related settings and features you can use and customize.
- Scroll down a bit then tap Night Shift.
The Night Shift menu will load up next. Here, you will see two main toggles that you can turn on or off.
- Tap Scheduled if you want your iPhone to automatically switch to Night Shift mode on a certain time of the day.
On the succeeding menu, you will see two schedule options including Sunset to Sunrise and Custom Schedule.
- Select Sunset to Sunrise if you want your iPhone to automatically switch to Night Shift mode during Sunset then switch back to the normal display when sunrise.
Just tap to mark Sunset to Sunrise if you prefer to use this setting.
- If you want to use a custom schedule for Night Shift to enable on your phone, select Custom Schedule then set the Turn On time and Turn Off time accordingly.
The iOS time scheduler opens. Just use the inbuilt time scheduler then set it to your preferred time.
- You can also set your iPhone to manually switch to Night Shift mode on the next day. Simply toggle to turn on the Manually Enable Until Tomorrow in the Night Shift menu.
Doing so will make your iPhone display switch to Night Shift mode instantly and then switch back to normal display tomorrow.
- Should you wish to adjust the color temperature, simply drag the Color Temperature slider in the Night Shift menu.
Drag the slider to the left if you want the display to become less warm or to the right if you want it to become more warm.
- Apple iPhone 14
Activating Night Shift via Control Center
Aside from the iOS settings menu, you can also access the Night Shift shortcut control from the Control Center of your iPhone.
- To do this, launch the Control Center then firmly press the Brightness control icon. Doing so will launch three relevant shortcut controls including Dark mode, Night Shift and True Tone. Simply tap Night Shift to turn the feature ON or OFF.
Night Time makes use of the iPhone’s geolocation and clock to determine whether it’s sunset or sunrise. Thus, verify and ensure that your iPhone’s date and time settings are set to automatic so that the correct time zone is in use.
If you no longer wish to use this feature, simply turn off either switch for Night Shift from the settings menu or through the control center.
And that’s all about activating night shift on the Apple iPhone 14 device.