This post will walk you through configuring the iPhone 14 display settings to set or change the time duration for the screen to dim and lock. Here’s a quick guide to change auto-lock settings on the iPhone 14 series.
Time Needed : 3 minutes
If you need to change the time duration for your iPhone to instigate auto lock, you’ll need to access and configure the iOS display settings on your device.
Outlined below are the steps depicting the actual process of altering the iPhone 14 auto lock settings. Feel free to refer to this guide when needed.
- To begin, launch the iOS settings menu.
To do this, simply tap on the Settings icon represented by a gear-shaped figure on the Home screen or App library.
- While in the main settings menu, scroll to find then tap Display & Brightness.
Another window opens with display-related features and options.
- Find Auto-lock from the given options then tap on it to proceed. The Auto-lock menu will load up next.
Here, you will see different preset time durations. By default, the auto lock is set to the shortest time length, which is 30 seconds.
- To change it, just tap to mark your preferred auto-lock time length.
The longest time duration is 5 minutes, long enough for you to stay on one screen without having to unlock your device.
- Apple iPhone 14
Should you wish to change this setting and use another time duration, just repeat the same steps to head back to the auto-lock menu of your phone.
- Setting the auto lock to a shorter or shortest duration can help preserve your iPhone’s battery life. Thus, use the shortest duration when you need your device to stay up while the battery is low.
- Setting auto lock to NEVER disables the feature and therefore prompts your iPhone to keep its display on regardless of inactivity period.
- If you’ve enabled Face ID, your iPhone screen remains bright (normally) when you’re looking at it then dims when you’re not (after a certain period of time). Eventually, your phone screen locks and sleeps. To unlock it, you’ll need to enter your passcode or Face ID again.
Like other smartphones, the new iPhone 14 also comes with customizable display settings and therefore allows you to change the defaults with your preferred options. As a result, you can make your iPhone’s screen look and work the way you wanted.
Among the display settings that you can alter is the auto lock setting. As the name suggests, the main function of auto lock is to dim and lock the phone when no activity is detected for a certain period.
Alternatively, you can make use of the new Always On feature on the iPhone 14. When enabled, this keeps the dimmed version of your lock screen visible even when your phone is locked. This allows you to glance and unlock your device at any time, with your Face ID.
This option is also tagged among other features in the Display & Brightness menu of your iPhone.
And that’s how you change the default auto lock configuration on the Apple iPhone 14 series.