This post will walk you through removing old and unwanted messages and text conversations on the third generation special edition iPhone. Read on to learn how to delete text conversations on the iPhone SE 3 Messages app.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
The process of deleting an entire conversation on an iPhone is pretty straightforward. All it takes is a single swipe on the desired conversation then choose Delete from the succeeding menu options.
If you're new to iOS and need some input on how to get this done on the iPhone SE 3rd generation, then you can refer to the following instructions.
- To begin, tap the Messages icon from the Home screen or Apps Library.
Doing so opens the iOS Messages app.
- While in the Messages app's main screen, you will see a list of all messages and conversations you kept.
Locate and then tap the desired contact or conversation header. Doing so opens the entire conversation or message thread with that contact.
- To continue, touch and hold the message that you want to delete.
Doing so opens a quick menu that contains different icons and options.
- Tap More… from the given options to proceed.
Additional controls and options will be enabled.
- To delete the selected message(s), tap the Trash icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
A confirmation pop-up window will appear.
- To continue, tap Delete Message on the confirmation window to confirm action.
The selected message(s) will then be removed or deleted.
- To delete multiple messages, select/check all the messages that you'd like to delete.
Simply tap to mark the empty bubbles before each message.
- After selecting the messages, tap the Trash icon at the bottom then tap Delete (n) Messages on the confirmation window to confirm action.
The selected messages with the selected contact will then be removed from the inbox simultaneously.
- Another (shorter) way to delete an entire thread or text conversation is to slide the message thread to the left.
Quick controls will show up on the right side. Tap Delete to proceed.
- If prompted, tap Delete on the following screen to confirm deletion of the selected conversation.
The entire conversation or message thread will then be removed from the Messages inbox and moved to Trash.
- Apple iPhone SE 3rd generation
Should you wish to delete another message or text conversation from a different contact, just repeat the same steps. Once you’re done deleting unwanted messages, exit the Messages app then return to the main screen.
Messages that you’ve deleted will stay in the Recently Deleted folder in Messages for a certain period of time (normally 30 days) before they’re deleted permanently. This gives you plenty of time should you wish to recover any of them.
You can also make use of the automatic deletion of old messages function of your iPhone. This feature can be accessed and enabled through the Messages app settings on your iPhone SE 3. When enabled, old SMS and MMS messages will be deleted automatically once the maximum number of messages is reached.
Such a feature is very handy for those who wish to save time and effort in going through a long list of message threads and picking individual messages to delete.
And that’s it!