Is the date or time information on your newly purchased iPhone a bit late or advanced? If so, then you need to adjust its date and time settings. In case you need some input on how to access and manage this information, we’ve outlined the steps on how to change the date and time settings on the iPhone 14. Feel free to use this guide as a quick reference.
Estimate Cost : 0
Time Needed : 3 minutes
Many apps, particularly real-time services typically require correct date and time information in order to function properly. That said, using automatic date and time settings on your smartphone is highly recommended.
However, there are also certain instances wherein manual date and time adjustment is needed. For this reason, the date and time settings on your iPhone are likewise customizable by end-users. And here’s how it’s done on the Apple iPhone 14 series.
1. First, tap the Settings app icon from the Home screen or App library.
Doing so will launch the iOS settings menu that contains all inbuilt features and services.
2. While in the Settings menu, find then tap General.
Another menu opens with another set of features and options that are particularly used for general system management.
3. Tap Date & Time to proceed.
In the Date & Time menu, you can see three main items including the 24-hour time toggle, set automatically and time zone.
4. To switch between a 24-hour and 12-hour time format, turn the 24-Hour Time switch On or OFF.
You will see the actual hour-time format changes reflecting on the top-left side of the status bar on your iPhone every time you toggle the switch.
5. By default, date & time settings on the iPhone are set to automatic. Thus, the Set Automatically switch is enabled. To manually adjust this setting, turn off the switch next to Set Automatically.
Doing so will activate the editable Date and Time information beneath the Time zone.
6. To change the date and time, tap on the displayed date or time information written in blue text.
The iOS date/time scheduler will then open.
7. Tap to mark the desired date on the calendar/scheduler.
The date selection will appear inside a blue circle.
8. To change the time, tap the Time button at the bottom-rightmost corner of the calendar/scheduler then adjust the time accordingly.
The time is located beneath the calendar on the same scheduler menu.
9. To use the default automatic date and time configuration, just turn on the switch next to Set Automatically.
Doing so will prompt the iPhone to use the date and time information based on the selected location's time zone.
- Apple iPhone 14
If by any chance you’d bump into an iPhone issue that’s associated with date and time conflicts, performing a soft reset or iPhone reboot will likely solve it.
To clear out any bugs that may be ruining the system date and time settings, be sure to keep your iPhone’s software up-to-date. You can enable automatic updates on your iPhone settings so that it will automatically download any new firmware updates Apple releases.
And that’s how you adjust the date and time settings on the Apple iPhone 14 series.