This quick guide will help you configure your iOS 13 or iPhone 11 Safari browser settings to delete the list of frequently visited sites. Feel free to utilize this context when needed.
The sites you visit most often are saved on a dedicated folder on your browser app. In iOS Safari, frequently visited sites are saved in a directory called Top Sites. It’s somehow similar to the Favorites folder on the Contacts application. At some point, you may wish to erase this information along with other browsing data on your Safari app, for privacy reasons or for browser optimization. If you need help in doing so, then this post is for you.
In iOS 13, a number of new features were added to Safari. Aside from the revamped homepage, there are also other menus and browser options altered. In case you’re wondering where to go when removing frequently visited sites on your iPhone 11 Safari app, I’ve mapped this simple walkthrough for you to refer to.
Deleting frequently visited sites no your iPhone 11 Safari app
The entire process of removing frequently visited sites on iOS 13 Safari app is pretty straightforward. In Safari app running on the iOS 13 or later platform, here’s how frequently visited sites deletion is done:
- To get started, open the Safari app from your Home screen.
- On the Safari main page, tap the New tab icon. The new tab icon is represented by a plus (+) sign located at the bottom center of the screen.
- If you don’t see the + icon, tap the double-square icon at the bottom-right corner of the Safari home page then tap the + icon from there.
- On the following screen, you will see your Favorites and below that is the list of Frequently Visited sites.
- To delete individual site from the Frequently Visited sites list, tap and hold the icon until it expands.
- When it expands, lift your finger. Doing so will prompt a Delete option along with other quick menu options.
- Tap Delete to remove the site from the Frequently Visited list.
- Repeat the same steps to delete all other sites in the list.
Disabling the option to show frequently visited sites on Safari iOS 13
Alternatively, you can remove frequently visited sites from your iPhone Safari at once. To get this done, you will need to disable the entire feature on your iPhone. Here’s how:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Navigate to the General section then find the Frequently Visited Sites option.
- Toggle the switch next to Frequently Visited Sites option to turn the feature OFF.
The Frequently Visited Sites tab will then disappear from your Safari browser completely along with the frequently visited sites that were listed.
Other options to delete frequently visited websites and other Safari data from your iPhone 11
There are also some third-party dedicated tools you can use to permanently delete your Safari’s browsing history including frequently visited sites. These tools are called as iPhone data or iOS data erase that are designed to permanently remove private browsing data without any trace. These tools can be downloaded for free or via one-time purchase.
Among the leading brands are iMyFone Umate Pro, Dr. Fone – Erase iOS, PhoneClean, SafeEraser, and Apowersoft iPhone Data Cleaner, to name a few. Just choose the tool that best suit your needs, download it on a computer computer, then connect your iPhone to the computer just like what you do when using iTunes to get started. Reading previous reviews can also help you decide on which tool to go for.
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our troubleshooting page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Furthermore, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.