You would only need to reset the network settings of your Apple iPhone XR if it’s having some kind of Internet or network-related issues that you can’t understand or know how to fix. It’s not limited to fixing just internet problems, it will also address Bluetooth problems as well as issues with the cellular data. If your iPhone is acting weird when it comes to its wireless functions and you don’t know where to look, then this is the best thing you can do to try and fix the problem.
In this post, I will walk you through in resetting the network settings of your Apple iPhone XR and hopefully fix the problem with your device. Even if you don’t have any issues but noticed that your device’s connection is laggy and slow or if it keeps disconnecting from your Bluetooth accessory, then you can also do this.
Here are the steps on how to reset the Network Settings of your iPhone XR:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Touch General and then tap Reset.
- Now choose Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, key in your password.
- Confirm the reset.
After doing these steps, the following changes will occur in your device:
- Stored Wi-Fi networks will be deleted.
- Stored tethered connections will be deleted.
- Paired Bluetooth devices will be deleted.
- Background data sync settings will be turned on.
- Data restrictive settings in applications that were manually turned on/off by the customer will be reset to the default setting.
- Network selection mode will be set to automatic.
- Preferred mobile network type will be set to best.
If you’re having network-related issues, then they must be fixed by now.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix the problem with your device. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
- How to fix Bluetooth problems on Apple iPhone XR, won’t pair with Bluetooth accessory [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Apple iPhone XR Bluetooth pairing that suddenly stopped working, cannot pair with other Bluetooth accessories [Troubleshooting Guide]
- How to fix Apple iPhone XR alarm system that is not working, sound alerts for alarm doesn’t work [Troubleshooting Guide]