Unlike other platforms, Facebook doesn’t have any sort of trash bin to recycle deleted contents like pictures. You might think that it is not possible to recover deleted Facebook photos. But there are actually ways to get those memorable photos back.
Overview: Recovering Deleted Facebook Photos
Facebook doesn’t provide a trash bin feature for recovering deleted photos directly. However, users can still retrieve their deleted photos by requesting a copy of their data from Facebook. This data includes photos and videos uploaded to Facebook, which can be downloaded and accessed anytime. Follow the step-by-step guide below to recover your deleted Facebook photos.
Facebook has been one of the most commonly used social media platforms and has established its reputation to its users. If you’ve been using this for a certain period, you might have uploaded a bunch of photos and some of them are already deleted. But there are times that you just want to reminisce those memories and you would want to restore those pictures again.
There are also cases where you accidentally delete an important or memorable picture. However, you might not find any sort of options to recover those photos that you have deleted. That might be a sad thing for you and could be confusing.
What you’ll find below are the instructions on how to recover deleted Facebook photos. Read further and find out more details.
Recover Photos that are Deleted on Facebook
Here are the steps on how to restore deleted photos on your Facebook:
1. Open Facebook App and sign in.
2. Go to Settings and Privacy.
3. Select Privacy Shortcuts.
4. Scroll down and look for Your Facebook Information.
5. Tap on View or clear off-Facebook activity.
6. Select More Options.
7. Select Download Your Information.
8. Click on Deselect All.
9. Click on Photos And Videos to request a copy.
10. Scroll down and choose the date range that you want to request.
11. Click on Create File.
12. Wait until the requested file has been completed. Once the file is ready, click on Download Again. You will be routed to the login page. Just enter your Facebook credentials to begin the download.
Other Ways to Restore Pictures from Facebook
Aside from the Facebook App, you can also download this information via Facebook website. Just log in your account at Facebook.com. Go to Settings > Your Facebook Information > Download Your Information.
If you’re using an iPhone and have enabled iCloud backups, you may also restore those backups and recover the photos that you might need.
I hope that this article provided the things that you need to restore deleted Facebook photos. If you find this helpful, don’t forget to spread the word. We also have our Youtube channel for other tutorial information and other tips and tricks for your devices. Feel free to visit it anytime. Thank you.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Photos: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Launch Facebook App and Sign In: Open the Facebook app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to Settings: Go to Settings and Privacy, then select Privacy Shortcuts.
- Access Your Facebook Information: Scroll down to find Your Facebook Information and tap on View or clear off-Facebook activity.
- More Options: Select More Options, then choose Download Your Information.
- Select Photo and Video Data: Deselect all other data types by clicking on Deselect All, then click on Photos And Videos to request a copy.
- Choose Date Range: Scroll down, choose the date range for the photos you want to recover.
- Create File: Click on Create File to request your photo data.
- Download Your Data: Once the requested file is ready, click on Download Again. Enter your Facebook credentials to begin the download.
Alternative Ways to Restore Deleted Facebook Photos
- Via Facebook Website:
- Log in to your account at Facebook.com.
- Navigate to Settings > Your Facebook Information > Download Your Information.
- Follow the same steps as above from selecting Photo and Video data to downloading your data.
- Via iCloud Backups (For iPhone Users):
- Ensure iCloud backups were enabled before the photos were deleted.
- Restore your iPhone from a previous iCloud backup to recover your Facebook photos.