In this troubleshooting guide, we will show you what to do if YouTube won’t play videos on iPhone 12 shortly after updating it to iOS 14.4. There are times when firmware-related problems affect the apps. When that happens, issues like this may occur. Continue reading to learn how to fix this problem.
App issues are common and most of the time, they’re not that serious. Needless to say, you can fix them by doing one or a couple of procedures. The same is true with users who are currently having to deal with streaming problems using the Youtube app on their iPhone. If you’re one of them, then here’s what you should do:
First solution: Close YouTube and open it again
It’s possible that the problem is just due to a temporary issue with Youtube itself. So the first thing you have to do is close the app, and re-open it. If it’s as minor as we think it is, then this procedure alone is enough to make it work perfectly again. Here’s how you do it:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the previews of the apps that are left running in the background.
- Find Youtube and then swipe up on it. If you want, you can also close all the other apps.
After doing that, try opening Youtube again and see if the problem is fixed.
Second solution: Check your Internet connection
If the problem isn’t fixed by the first solution, then it’s possible that your Internet connection has something to do with Youtube not able to play videos. As you know, the app must be constantly connected to its servers, and if the connection is not stable, then this problem might occur.
- So make sure that your iPhone is connected to a correct Wi-Fi network.
- To confirm that it’s getting a good connection, try doing a speed test.
After making sure that your iPhone has a good internet connection and yet Youtube is still not able to play videos, then move on to the next solution.
Third solution: Force restart your iPhone
After refreshing the app and making sure your connection is stable, the next thing you need to do is to refresh your iPhone’s memory. It can be due to a minor firmware glitch, and most of the time, doing the Forced Restart will fix it. It will also reload all apps and services. So follow these steps to do the forced restart:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, and then the Volume Down button.
- Immediately after doing that, press and hold the power key for 10 seconds. This will force your iPhone to shut down and turn back on.
- Once the Apple logo shows on the screen, let go of the Power key and allow the iPhone to continue the boot process.
After the restart, open Youtube to see if the problem is fixed.
Fourth solution: Check the status of YouTube’s servers
If the app is still not able to stream videos even after doing the previous procedures, then it’s possible that Youtube’s servers are down. What you need to do next is check to know if it is just due to server issues.
- Log on to DownDetector.com.
- Search for Youtube, and then click on it.
- If there are reports of issues similar to yours, then it’s a server problem. Most of the time, you don’t have to do anything as it’s Google that will fix the issue for you. What you can do is wait until the problem is fixed.
However, if the servers are all running and yet Youtube is still having some issues, then move on to the next solution.
Fifth solution: Uninstall YouTube and reinstall it
After doing the previous solutions and Youtube is still not able to stream or play videos, then it’s time that you remove it from your device. Uninstalling the app will delete all of its installation files and caches, including some that were probably corrupted. After doing so, download a fresh copy from the App Store to make sure you’re using the latest version. Here’s how:
- Go to the screen where Youtube can be found.
- Tap and hold on its icon until the options menu shows.
- Tap Remove app, and then touch Delete App.
- Tap Delete to confirm you want to remove the app.
- Once Youtube is successfully uninstalled, launch the App store.
- Search for ‘youtube’ and then tap the install icon.
- Wait until the app is successfully re-installed and then tap Open to launch it.
The problem should be fixed after this, and you may now stream your favorite videos.
And those are the things you should do if YouTube won’t play videos on iPhone 12. We hope that we’ve been able to help you one way or the other.
If you find this guide helpful, please help us by subscribing to our YouTube channel. We need your support so that we can continue creating helpful contents in the future. Thanks for reading!
- What To Do If Messenger Crashes On iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Has No Internet Connection Via Wi-Fi
- No Sound On iPhone 12? Here are some ways to fix it