Apple’s iPhone latest update iOS 13 was launched and released last September 19, 2019, offers new and exciting features, improvements and changes in apps . One of the noticeable changes comes to Siri, a well known Apple’s assistant for years. With iOS 13, Apple has added a new feature, Siri Shortcuts, which enables users to assign prompt actions to Siri making it better and more useful to Apple users. To date, there are over a hundred plus Siri Shortcuts for everyone to use.
What is Siri? For everyone’s information, Siri is Apple’s intelligent assistant that is built in on Apple devices that supports Siri (Apple iPhone 4S and later models, and newer models of iPad and iPod Touch devices) that enables users to summon using a voice command that Siri recognizes. These voice commands can be used to ask Siri with just to operate your mobile device as well as operate certain apps and settings.
The use of Siri Shortcuts is now inevitable as with iOS 13 update, Shortcuts are installed by default in every Apple device, replacing iOS 12 Siri shortcuts where there’s a need to download the app first from the App Store. This also means that updates will happen on Shortcuts app with any iOS updates. Read on below for useful iOS 13 tips and tricks: how to add Siri Shortcuts.
If you own an Apple iPhone that supports iOS 13 or any other iPhone models, we will be glad to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. Feel free to contact us using this form. This is a free service that we are offering. We asked however, that when you do contact us, please try to be as detailed as possible about your concern so that we can accurately assess your concern and able to give appropriate solutions.
A SIMPLE GUIDE ON THE USEFUL iOS 13 TIPS AND TRICKS: HOW TO USE AND SIRI SHORTCUTS:
There are some apps that offers shortcuts for the things that you usually do, that’s when Siri comes in. You can now ask Siri to do them for you. Adding shortcuts can be in simple steps:
- Tap Shortcuts app from Home Screen.
- Tap on My Shortcuts
- Tap on Create Shortcuts.
- Tap on the Add Action. These actions can either with the apps available on your iPhone.
- Once you’ve added a shortcut to Siri on your device, follow the on-screen instructions to record a phrase or opt to choose the pre-installed “Hey Siri” voice command.
- To use the shortcut: Summon Siri by mentioning “Hey Siri” followed by the phrase you created for the app shortcut.
As you can see on the Shortcuts app, you will notice the Automation tab. This feature allows the device to react to changes in conditions i.e automation that runs on a personal iPhone or iPad or automation that works for everyone in the home. Finally, the Gallery on the Shortcuts app displays predefined shortcuts such as shortcuts from your apps, essentials, morning routine, featured shortcuts, as well as Quick shortcuts.
If you want to delete a shortcut or change its phrase, you can do this by doing these steps:
- Go to Shortcuts from the Home Screen.
- Long Press on the App Shortcut you want to delete.
- Tap on Edit located at the upper left of the screen
- You will notice the App Shortcut icon is making a “dancing” move.
- Place a check mark on the small circle located at the App Shortcut.
- Tap on Delete, an icon that looks like a trash bin located at the upper right side of the screen.
- Once deleted, tap on Done.
Apple has once again made a mark on its new update with taking Siri into a whole new level. And the best part of it is that you don’t need the latest model of Apple Device to be able to take full advantage of the new Siri Shortcuts. One important thing to remember though is that before you can do the guide mentioned above, make sure that you’ve downloaded the latest iOS 13 and that your iPhone also supports the new update iOS 13.
Lists of Apple Devices that supports iOS 13 are:
- iPhone 6S and 6S Plus.
- iPhone SE.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
- iphone x.
- iPhone XS, XS Max and XR.
- iphone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max.
- iPod Touch seventh generation.
Connect with us
If you have any questions & concerns regarding your iPhone , feel free to connect with us using this form. We will be of help and will provide you with a free technical support. Just make sure to provide us with the details as possible for us to make an accurate assessment and provide you appropriate intervention. Also, do let us know your experience along the way. I look forward to hearing from you.