The #Apple #iPhone5C is one of the older generation iPhone models that’s best known for its plastic design that comes in various colors. This phone was first released in September 2013 and uses a 4 inch IPS LCD screen that has a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels. It has an 8MP main camera at the back and a 1.2MP selfie camera at the front. Under the hood, you will find the Apple A6 dual core processor which is paired with 1GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Apple iPhone 5C won’t turn on issue.
How To Fix The Apple iPhone 5C Won’t Turn On Issue
When your phone does not turn on there are only a few troubleshooting steps that you can do to fix the problem. There are several factors that can cause this problem one of which is a faulty hardware component. If this is a hardware related problem then you will need to have the phone repaired at a service center however if this is caused by some form of software glitch then you can troubleshoot the phone by following the steps listed below.
1. Make sure the battery of the phone is charged
The first thing you will need to do is to eliminate the possibility of the problem being caused by a drained battery. You will need to charge the phone by following the steps listed below.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should check if the Apple iPhone 5C won’t turn on issue still occurs..
2. Perform a force restart
Sometimes the temporary data stored in your phone can get corrupted and can cause this problem. If this is the culprit then a force restart will be able to fix this as it will refresh the phone software.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Check if the Apple iPhone 5C won’t turn on issue still occurs.
3. Perform a hard reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a hard reset. This will revert your phone back to its factory condition. Take note that this will erase your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding.
- Make sure that the phone is off
- Insert the USB cable then hold the Home button while connecting the phone to a computer with iTunes running.
- On the computer when you are prompted that itunes has detected the iPhone in recovery mode click on OK.
- Click on Restore iPhone.
- Click on Restore and Update.
- iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone.
If the phone still does not turn on then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The best thing to do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.