The #Apple #iPhone5S is an older generation iPhone device that was first released in September 2013 that is surprisingly still being used by a lot of people today. It has a solid build quality that uses an Aluminum frame with a 4 inch IPS LCD screen having a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. At the back you will find the 8MP camera while the front has a 1.2MP selfie camera. Under the hood is an Apple A7 dual core processor which is paired with 1GB of RAM. Although this is a solid performing device there are instances when certain issues can occur which we will be addressing today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series we will tackle the Apple iPhone 5S won’t turn on issue.
iPhone won’t turn on or charge?
Simply follow these 3 steps to fix your iPhone with ReiBoot, No data loss, FREE
- Click to download ReiBoot to your PC or MAC
- Connect your device
- Run ReiBoot to resolve the issue
Work for iPhone 13/12/11/XS/XR/S/8/7/6/5s/5
If you own an Apple iPhone 5S or any other iPhone model for that matter then feel contact us using this form. We will be more than happy to assist you with any concerns that you may have with your device. This is a free service we are offering with no strings attached. We however ask that when you do contact us try to be as detailed as possible so that an accurate assessment can be made and the correct solution can be given.
How To Fix The Apple iPhone 5S Won’t Turn On Issue
Having a phone that won’t turn on is a major problem since in this state the device can’t be used at all. You won’t be able to use any of your phone features or access the data stored in your phone. There are several factors that can cause this problem one of which is a faulty hardware component. If this is the case then you will need to have the phone repaired at a service center however if this is caused by some form of software glitch then you can troubleshoot this by following the steps listed below.
Make sure the battery of the phone is charged
The first thing you will need to do is to make sure that the battery of the phone has sufficient charge. This allows you to eliminate the possibility of the issue being caused by a drained battery. Follow the steps listed below to charge the device.
- Clean the charging port of the phone using a can of compressed air. Make sure that any dirt or debris stuck in this port is removed.
- Fully charge the phone using its wall charger.
- In case the phone does not charge then try using a different charging cord and wall charger. You should also try charging the phone from a computer USB port in case charging using the wall charger fails to work.
Once the phone has sufficient charge you should try turning on the device.
Perform a force restart
Sometimes the temporary data stored in your phone can get corrupted and can cause this problem. If this is the culprit then a force restart will be able to fix this as it will refresh the phone software.
- Press and hold the Home button.
- While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Check if the Apple iPhone 5S won’t turn on issue still occurs.
Perform a hard reset
One last troubleshooting step to consider is a hard reset. This will revert your phone back to its factory condition. Take note that this will erase your phone data so make sure to have a backup copy before proceeding.
- Make sure that the phone is off
- Insert the USB cable then hold the Home button while connecting the phone to a computer with iTunes running.
- On the computer when you are prompted that itunes has detected the iPhone in recovery mode click on OK.
- Click on Restore iPhone.
- Click on Restore and Update.
- iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone.
If the phone still does not turn on then this could already be caused by a faulty hardware component. The best thing to do right now is to bring the phone to a service center and have it checked.
Engage with us
If you have any concerns regarding your iPhone feel free to contact us using this form. We will provide you with free technical support regarding the issue you are facing with your device. Just make sure to provide as much detail as possible so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.