Frequent crashes and random system shutdown are among the common symptoms of major system problems in mobile devices. Any of these symptoms also occurs when the device is running low on storage. The same thing can happen if some programs or apps have gone rogue or cuffed by malwares. Updates that contain bugs are also among the possible triggers. In worse cases, a device would suddenly crash or shutdown unexpectedly due to hardware damage. But before opting for service, there are a few possible solutions and effective workarounds you can try to eliminate software-related factors from the underlying causes.
Outlined below are some helpful methods that are used to troubleshoot similar problems on random crashes and system shutdown on an iPhone XR. While these problems aren’t likely to occur in new powerful devices, there are several factors that can trigger akin symptoms even at the very early stage. Read on to learn what to do if all of a sudden your new iPhone XR handset is randomly crashing or shutting down unexpectedly.
For owners who are looking for a solution to a different problem, drop by our troubleshooting page for we have already addressed some of the most common problems with this device. Browse through the page to find issues that are similar with yours and use the solutions we suggested. If they don’t work or if you need further assistance don’t hesitate to contact us by filling up our iPhone issues questionnaire.
First solution: Force restart your iPhone XR.
Minor app glitches and system errors that caused your iPhone to act up are usually dealt with by a forced restart. This method renders similar positive outcome as a soft reset but more recommended when dealing with performance issues depicted by random freezes and system crashes. To force restart an iPhone XR, simply follow these steps:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Then, press and hold the Power/Side button on the side of the phone and then release when the phone restarts.
Wait for your iPhone to boot up and then use it as you normally do. If the symptoms recur, then you need to troubleshoot further.
Second solution: Delete bad apps.
Bad apps are also among the usual triggers. If your phone started to misbehave after installing or updating an app, then that’s likely the root-cause of the problem. To determine if it’s an isolated problem on a recently installed or updated app, delete the suspected app from your phone. You can always reinstall the application if found to be safe though. To delete or uninstall an application from your iPhone XR (iOS 12), just follow these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down the left menu then select General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Select Instagram from the list of apps.
- Tap the option to Delete App.
- If prompted, tap Delete App to confirm.
Or you can use the quicker way which is carried out from the Home screen. Here’s how:
- From the Home screen, lightly touch and hold the Instagram app icon until it jiggles. Do not press too firmly to avoid opening the Quick Actions menu.
- Then tap on the X at the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete when prompted to confirm action.
Reboot or soft reset your iPhone after removing suspected apps to clear all junk files and to refresh its memory.
Third solution: Update apps and iOS to the latest version available.
Installing new updates can also be considered among the possible solutions. Updates are not only pushed to offer new features but also render necessary patches to address existing system problems particularly those inflicted by malwares and bugs. If the symptoms occur while using certain apps, then the errors could be within those apps. Hence, installing new app updates is recommended. Here’s how to do this:
- From the Home screen, tap App Store.
- Scroll down to the bottom part of the screen and then tap on the Updates tab. A list of pending app updates will then appear.
- Tap the Update button next to an app to update individual apps or select the option to Update All apps simultaneously.
Aside from app updates, installing the latest iOS update for your iPhone XR is also recommended. Apple usually rolls out fix patches in every new update either minor or major versions of iOS. Thus, keeping a device software updated is highly recommended.
- To check for new OTA updates, head to your iPhone Settings-> General-> Software Update menu.
If an update is available, a notification will appear, containing the update details and system requirements. Before updating, back up all important files from your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes for safekeeping. Once you’re all set, follow the onscreen instructions to Download and Install new update.
Restart your iPhone after installing new updates to refresh apps and system services. Doing so will likewise ensure that all new system changes are properly implemented.
Fourth solution: Reset all settings on your iPhone XR.
Settings errors can also cause conflict and may halt system functions of your phone. As a result, adverse symptoms are triggered. To make sure this isn’t the underlying cause, try these steps to reset all settings on your phone. Doing so will erase all customized settings including erratic settings and invalid system configurations. You don’t need to create backups beforehand because this process does not affect saved data on the phone memory. Here’s how it’s done:
- From your Home screen, tap on Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to and then tap on Reset.
- Select the option to Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your passcode to proceed.
- Tap the option to confirm all settings RESET.
Wait until the phone is finished resetting and restoring original options. When the process is done, the device will reboot by itself. After it boots up, enable individual features that are disabled by default so you can use them again.
Fifth solution: Restore your iPhone XR in iTunes (recovery mode restore).
Major iOS problems usually require more advanced solutions like system restore. Thus, the next option you’ve got if the problem continues after applying the previous solutions would be a recovery mode restore. To get this done, you will need to use a computer either Windows or Mac that has the latest version of iTunes software installed. Please note though that you could lose some valuable information from performing this restore because everything on your iPhone will be erased in the process. Thus, don’t forget to back up all your critical data if possible.
Whenever you’re all set to proceed with the system restore, connect your iPhone XR to the computer and then open iTunes. While your iPhone is connected, follow these steps to enter recovery mode:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Next, press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Then, press and hold the Side/Power button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. This means that your iPhone has entered recovery mode.
- When you see the option to Update or Restore, choose Restore. Doing so will prompt iTunes to start downloading the software for your device. The download usually takes 15 minutes (utmost). If it exceeds 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, then you will need to perform the above steps to enter recovery mode again.
If the problem isn’t solved by a recovery mode restore, then your iPhone’s operating system is most likely ravaged completely or the phone itself is physically damaged. To rule out fatal system errors, you can carry out a DFU mode restore. If you need help with the steps, we have outlined a step-by-step guide on how to perform a DFU mode restore on the iPhone XR. Just visit the tutorials section of this site from the iPhone XR troubleshooting page.
Consider taking your device to a service center if none of the given solutions is able to solve the problem. Your iPhone XR will likely continue to crash or shutdown by itself if hardware damage is present. To rule this out, you can ask an authorized Apple technician from the nearest Genius bar to scrutinize your iPhone for any indications of physical or liquid damage. If hardware damage is present, then it needs repair. If your device is still eligible for warranty, contact your phone provider/carrier for more instructions on how to avail for service warranty or new unit replacement, if necessary.
Connect with us
If you need more help with the use of certain functions and features of the Apple iPhone XR smartphone, feel free to visit our Tutorial Page. There you can find a list of how-to contents, step-by-step tutorials, as well as answers to FAQs regarding iPhone XR. If you have other concerns or encountered some troubles while using the phone, you can reach us through this form. Just be sure to tell us more details of the problem or device issue(s) you may have and we will be more than happy to assist you further.